• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Texturing Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am working on a mod and just started trying out texturing. I made a re-texture of the troll headhunter, worked perfectly. But when I tried doing the same procedure with a footman, the result in the editor and in game was just a few patches of team-color floating around where the footman should have been. I used the warcraft 3 viewer to extract the texture to a .BMP file, re-textured it in Photoshop, and the used the viewer to convert it to a .BLP file. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is likely related to a missing/damaged/disfunctional alpha channel.

Go back to Wc3viewer and open the original, unedited BLP. Instead of exporting it as BMP, try exporting it as TGA. Then apply the texture changes. (open your edited BMP, select the entire image using the selection tool, copy and paste onto your TGA file)

Also, instead of using wc3viewer, I recommend trying BLP Lab (at least for the conversion, you can use wc3viewer to export the texture file as blp):
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/blp-lab-v0-5-0-a-137599/

I've encountered far fewer issues with it since it performs additional checks/will supplement an alpha channel if necessary.

While BMP can support alpha channels, some converters may not necessarily maintain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.