• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Temporarily Hide Move/Attack/Patrol/Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello! I want to be able to temporarily hide, disable, or remove (doesn't matter which as long as it isn't visible) the Move, Attack, Patrol, Stop, and Hold Ground abilities from a unit. I don't want to pause the unit or something like that because I want other spells the unit has to still be usable.

If you have a solution, or if this is in the wrong forum, please post.

Thank-you in advanced, Orchard.

Last edited:
Level 3
That's what happens when a unit has the "ward" classification. I'm not sure if you can add it though...

Thanks for the idea Smiddle! (+rep if I can) I had experimented with the building classification on that idea before, but I guess since NE buildings move that didn't work (After experimenting with more types not, adding and removing the stunned and hero types also does nothing). [EDIT: Just to clarify, I did make sure to force reselection of the unit in order to update its information panel. No changes occurred]

Unfortunately though, it seems like you can't add/remove the Ward type in GUI, and I don't know how to do the same command in JASS, but if someone does please post that.

EDIT:
Okay, so I was fiddling around with JASS on that, and I got the error "Expected a name".
I used custom script:
JASS:
call UnitAddTypeBJ( UNIT_TYPE_WARD, GetTriggerUnit() )
and...
JASS:
call UnitRemoveTypeBJ( UNIT_TYPE_WARD, GetTriggerUnit() )

If anyone has any other ideas or solutions please post.

Last edited:
Level 2
The GUI command: countdown add timer to unit(or whatever it is), allows you to add a timer with a ward-type to it. Maybe it's possible that this will get your desired effect? I wouldn't bet money on it, but, worth a try maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.