• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Technology requiring one of two previous technologies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello!

I'm attempting to create a civilization-type map. I'm trying to make it so that researching a specific technology requires ONE of TWO technologies researched previously. For example, the technology Pottery requires a player to research Fishing OR Agriculture, but does not require both. I have been unable to do this thus far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is it possible to have the structures a unit can build placed into a spellbook?

Thank you in advance

Level 9
- You just need to make a dummy tech upgrade, name it "Fishing or Agriculture". Put that into the tech requirement, ONLY that none of the 2 real version of the upgrades.

-Then make a trigger that activates once everytime an upgrade is complete, if EITHER the fishing or the agriculture is upgraded, trigger the game to upgrade the dummy version "Fishing or Agriculture."

Is that what you wanted?

Level 2
i dunno if this works but u can try it
create the upgrade -Pottery- with 2 level, set level 1 techtree requirement both Fishing and Agriculture so that he cant upgrade this yet. but do not set techtree requirement for level 2

then make this trigger
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Fishing
          • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Agriculture
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Pottery to 2 for (Triggering player)
so after that player upgrade either fishing or agriculture, his pottery lvl will become 2 and now he can upgrade it.
and for any unit/building/ability/upgrade that their techtree requirement Pottery, set techtree requirement level to 2
the idea is to make level 1 pottery a dummy upgrade

let me know if this works :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.