• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Teamcolor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have broken the teamcoloring in trying to meld two textures, not sure what I did.

Attachments

• blargles.JPG
    blargles.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 89

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Teamcolour (as far as the texture is concerned) is in the alpha channel of the texture. If the model is supposed to have team colour but doesn't, it most likely means that you've saved the file as something that doesn't support alpha or at the wrong number of pixels/bit. Saving as .tga or as 32bit .bmp from Photoshop will preserve alpha channels, saving as .jpeg will not. I'm not sure about GIMP, I've heard that it has difficulties with alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.