• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Team color on Villager (Female) model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My goal is adding team color to the Villager (Female) model. After reading a bit on the Hive forums, I came across a way of adding team color to models. It had to do with editing the "Alpha 1" channel of the texture in Photoshop and then importing it into the model. Well, I've edited the "Alpha 1" channel of the Villager (Female) model and added a mask to the areas where I would like team color. My problem is is that when I import it into the model, fool around with the Texture and Material Manager, team color is visible, but it's just a solid color. Unlike the Blizzard models which show the team color over an area of the model and also reveals details (for example: Human Paladin model cape), my edit doesn't. Are there any properties or such that I have to change? Please specify. Thanks :)

Level 34
Uhm, I believe it was like this:

What you did is 100% texture alpha-ing of the skins, what Blizzard did (read: Paladin model) is 25-75% texture alpha-ing.

Try it.

Level 2
Alright. I'll try different opacity blacks/whites when I go on my computer with Photoshop. I'm not really sure what you mean, Kimberly.. o_o I'll post the results later on. Thanks guys :)

Level 24
Alpha out the areas you want team-colored in photoshop or another image-editing program that allows you to do this (ms paint does not work :p), and then go into the model and find the material that you want the newly added team-color to be on. Now set the "Filter Mode" on this material to blend. Now create a new material layer (not a new material, a new material layer on your currently selected material) move it to the top of the material layers list (right click > move up), go into this new material layer that is now on the top and set the texture to Replaceable ID 1 and tick the Unshaded box. That should be it, IIRC.

Level 2
Alright guys. Thanks. I'll have to try all of those during the weekend and back to you guys then. I've been so busy with school lately because I have to pull up my grades before semester ends and break begins (this Wednesday). Bye :)

Status
Not open for further replies.