• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Team Color doesnt appear in-game but appears in Magos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I have two shoulder parts to be team colored and use a separate transparent skin for them. At first my main skin was also in tga and even though both looked fine in magos editor, in-game they were black and transparent! So I made the main .tga skin in bmp and when I converted it to blp from the bmp, the main skin was fine in-game and neither black nor transparent. However these shoulders, whether I change the layers with Replaceable ID 1 being No Filter over transparent layer; transparent over modulate layer or transparent over no filter, in-game the shoulders are still black and I cannot change team color. I even also converted to blp from a bmp shoulders skin, not from tga and still no change. The thing is, it looks fine in Magos as if working but in-game always black transparent parts, so no team color.

The only combos I see in Magos editor that really make team color are:

Replaceable ID - Transparent
Skin - Additive/Alpha, too light color I do not like that and Im sure ingame is black&transparent

Skin - Modulate, good color but doesnt work in-game, balck transparent in-game

Skin - None - even in Magos Editor, no team color

Replaceable ID - None
Skin - Additive/Alpha - too light color I do not like that and Im sure ingame is black&transparent

Replaceable ID - None
Skin - Modulate - too light color I do not like that and Im sure ingame is black&transparent

What should be the combination to appear as non-transparent parts just like in Magos with Modulate?

hmm, could you please post the model in .mdl, I'll you afterwards if I need the .blps or not. I think you may have messed up something with layers, but i need to look myself what's wrong on the model. Else I'm unable to help you unless you describe more detaily what you did and what you exactly want to get.

but pretty much the usual team color convination is layer 1 -> None and Layer 2 -> Blend, Yet I don't understand what exactly you want and nor I have a picture of it.

Level 22
Actually, the problem was in the same window where I change the filters I should have made alpha to be 1 or more, I set both layers to 10. Now the skin parts I wanted to make are team-colored in-game. And the shadowing and fogging only makes it darker so it wasn't the reason. Though, I have a prob with particles, for which I'll cr8 another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.