• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tattoos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Not sure if a thread lile this has already existed, but I'll take the risk to open a new one.

What do you think about tattoos? Do you have tattoos yourself and are they presentable?

I do have a rather big one on the left side of my torso. Not sure if I can show it without getting my ass kicked for a semi-nude picture.:ogre_icwydt:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Yeah that's what I meant by randomly one after another.

Well they could suit fairly well. I saw a picture of a tattoo artist and his wife from like 19-early-something where everything but their heads were covered in tattos.
They were not random, they melded together really well.

It's like making my skin dirty with something I might not want to keep on forever. What about if I want to remove it?
I respect your opinion about not wanting a tattoo but it's not the tattoo's fault that you choose something that you don't want to keep.
That's your own fault if you make a mistake.

Reactions: Ash
Level 17
Nah I dislike tattoos. It's like making my skin dirty with something I might not want to keep on forever. What about if I want to remove it? I heard there's some laser or something but I surely don't wanna try or squander my money on it!

That's why you need to be really sure if you think about getting a tattoo. Even if you're getting it removed, you will have scars on your body afterwards.

Last edited:
Level 19
Tattoos

Nope not my thing. I like to look at my perfection that is me in admiration.

If I like an artists work I'll have him/her tattoo it on paper or on wall... or better yet digital

Level 36
You can show your tattoo, and you have my promise nothing bad will happen for it.

Personally, I like tattoos, to me it's like a piece of art you can bring with you no matter
where you go, and they get especially cool if you are skilled enough to draw it yourself.
Obviously you don't have to be super-skilled, as long as you can pen down the general
idea, the tattoo artist can do the rest.

I've got one of those, a self-drawn one, on my left arm. I think I showed it in the picture
thread some time ago, when I got it. It may actually be in one of the old picture threads
actually. It's difficult to explain what it is, as it's a pair of completely fictional creatures.
I also plan on one day to get another one on my back, one which the concept isn't
completely done yet, but it'll involve a scroll with an inscription and a dead raven behind
it, somehow enfolding the scroll.

While I like tattoos in general, I think the same "rules" that apply for art also applies for
tattoos: There's good art, and there's bad art. And there's also some areas I don't think
people should extend their tattoos to, such as beyond the wrist and above the neck.
Not because I think it'd look bad, if done well even these areas can have some cool
looking tattoos, but because, sadly, it is a reality that you'll be judged for it and that you
can actually have a hard time at job interviews and such. Understand that I am against
such prejudice, I am merely also aware of the sad fact that it exists.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
While I like tattoos in general, I think the same "rules" that apply for art also applies for
tattoos: There's good art, and there's bad art. And there's also some areas I don't think
people should extend their tattoos to, such as beyond the wrist and above the neck.
Not because I think it'd look bad, if done well even these areas can have some cool
looking tattoos, but because, sadly, it is a reality that you'll be judged for it and that you
can actually have a hard time at job interviews and such. Understand that I am against
such prejudice, I am merely also aware of the sad fact that it exists.
I'd like to add that I personally think it's stupid to write something.
Girls like to think they are poets or something so they tattoo stuff like "Be strong", "Be who you are" etc Kinda like facebook posts.
Even if there's a drawing + text I don't like it, most of the time it would look better without the text.

It should also be mentioned that it's NOT smart to tattoo your bf/gf's name.
In case of breakup..
daf04e676268e9bb6d4d59f213a3c1b0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.