• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Syntax Highlighter - Ideas/Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may or may not be making a new syntax highlighter for JASS2 languages (vJASS, cJASS, Zinc), and Galaxy when SC2 comes out. I won't unless I get some good ideas for extra features.

Be warned, this won't be out until 2010, when I'll be a lot less busy, but if it isn't done by summer, it'll be a lot longer (vacation in Europe. Yay. ).

But still. I wanted to get ideas, so I can better plan it.
So just throw 'em at me, and I'll see how they sound (descriptions are nice too).
This'll be in Visual Basic or C# by the way, with a port to Python sometime after summer next year.

Current features to be implemented:
- JASS highlighting.
- vJASS highlighting.
- cJASS highlighting.
- Zinc highlighting.
- Customizable themes.
- MPQ Editor.

Name suggestions are also welcome (so long as they aren't lame. )

REMEMBER!
This program depends on your ideas! Without them, it cannot be made!

Hmm. Forgot to mention. This'll be open-source when it's out of beta (version 1.0.0).

(copied from my topic on The Helper).

----

So yeah, ideas are cool.
And I decided this'll be in C#.

Level 14
Compilation is totally useless though, and syntax checking can be done by saving in the editor. After all, if it's Windows-only you'll tend to have access to the editor.

Linux users have to compile it with the Jasshelper.exe and since there's nothing like tesh you use texteditors to make triggers and then use the //! import command.

I'd like to see cjass highlight for jEdit. It doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.