• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Survive The Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
well, this is my current project.

I'm glad to say that this project is going better than i have expected as i've never thought i would be so close to release a Beta version. I'm just too lazy to finish my own maps. So i could probably say that i'm already half the way to launch the Beta; most systems and abilities are finished and working leak-free. So what i need next is to finish the Items, Units and some Triggers. But as i said before, the worst part is already done. :thumbs_up:

The game consists almost exactly as the many versions of Troll Tribes or Goblin Exploration Squad and Goblin Experimentals, just that in this one the teamwork is essential and there are many many other things to do.

---------------------------
Survival

The survival will consist of:
Health: The most important one. If it drops to zero, then you die and you lose. It can be affected by illneses, diseases, starving, or any factor that could make your health drop down in real life.
Energy: This one is all about sleep when youre tired, and as much effort you do (attack, sprint, cut trees, mine rocks, jump, etc) the faster you will become tired. If it reaches a really low percent, you faint down to regain a little energy before you get up again.
Hunger: Yes, you wont live from air, you need to go outside and hunt, get some fruit, fish, and more in order to get some food. If its percent goes really down, you will start to starve and lose Health.
(Body) Heat: This one is essential; it can be raised by going outside in the sunshine or being near warm places and it dops down in the cold night or in the water. If its percent goes down, you will be more likely to get ill. Also if its percent goes REALLY down, you go on an hypothermia, losing health and also you will be even more like to catch an illness.

Classes

They are the survivors, you can choose the class you want to be, and you could pick one from 8 different and uniqe classes (4 in Beta Version), each one with their respective "Profession" wich will be very useful for the survival of the tribe.

Shaman

He is a respected member of the group, and his knowledge is very helpful for the group, making him kind of a leader.
He is one of the most weak members in strength terms, his damage is low and has low resistance (HP). Though, he is a very powerful member due to his shamanic powers to heal, and to manipulate the herblore. He is feared among the tribe due to his dark knowledges about voodoo magic.
His profession skills are based on everything related to herbalism.

Hunter

He is the one in charge of bringing the food to the group. A versatile warrior, his reflexes and agility are almost perfect. Also he has a decent damage and great resistance, making him very good at surviving alone in the forest.
The forest is home for him. He is a master in the uses of Javelins and Spears and Traps.
His profession skills are based on the leatherworking, he is able to make the warmer and thicker coats with ease.

Warrior

He is a very strong member, expert in the arts of combat he is in charge of the defense of the tribe, making him the best defense for the dangers of the forest. He is very talented in the Arts of Fighting and his Warcries can enrage an entire tribe with ease.
He is a master blacksmith and he makes all kind of weapons and armors.

Worker

The most useful member of any tribe. He is equipped with the HammerPick, a hammer on one side and a pick on the other. Equipped with a mineral bag where he can save several ores, he is able to perform the most difficult tasks with no problem at all, making him the best for the gathering of resources as Mining.
He has a workshop where he has many things to help the other members of the tribe.

Scout

Not available in Beta Version...

Engineer

Mage

BeastMaster

Screenshots

Screenies courtesy of tonyrydland. Thanks!

Worker sick.jpg

Worker reviving.jpg

Worker mining.jpg

Worker camp.jpg

Shaman totems.jpg

Dangerous cave.jpg

Worker fainted.jpg

Worker hunting.jpg

-----------------------
Staff
-----------------------

Project by
KaiserG

Coders
KaiserG
Maddawg101 (Memory Leak Checker)

Terrainers
KaiserG
LightSkin

Alpha Testers
LightSkin
[DD]Manu

Beta Testers
LightSkin
Japut3h

Special Thanks to
LightSkin (for project ideas)
[DD]Manu (for helping me when im too lazy xD)
hvo-busterkomo (for the Hunter's Trap Skills)
GhostWolf (for help with advanced triggering & JASS)
gadina_prokleta (for the inspiration)

Maps that inspirated me
Jungle Trolls Reborn
Troll Tribes Series
Goblin Exploration Squad
Goblin Experimentals

----------------------------

Last edited:
Level 14
Wohow, this sounds nice. If only my Wc3 was working :(

Edit: If you anytime need a Terrainer I could help.

Edit2: if only Battle.net was working.

Last edited:
Level 6
sure, do you have any example terrain to show me? If you have something like a forest i would like to see it, and if you met my requirements maybe i would change my actual terrain (made by me, nothing great) and use a terrain made by you!

Level 14
Here's a shot of a old RPG I was working on when I was inspired by Diablo III Warcraft thingy.

Attachments

• Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 649
Level 6
hmm, very nice terraining! If you're using pathing blockers then i should warn you that in this map i want it to be full of trees, to look like a real dense forest. That plus the quantity of rock chunks i've placed and pathing blockers, considering the map is of size Epic (256x256), i've already reached the maximum number of destructibles. Could you make a good terrain without reaching the maximum number of destructibles and at the same time keeping it with a nice quantity of trees, rock chunks (they are used for mining), and the pathing blockers?

Level 14
hmm, very nice terraining! If you're using pathing blockers then i should warn you that in this map i want it to be full of trees, to look like a real dense forest. That plus the quantity of rock chunks i've placed and pathing blockers, considering the map is of size Epic (256x256), i've already reached the maximum number of destructibles. Could you make a good terrain without reaching the maximum number of destructibles and at the same time keeping it with a nice quantity of trees, rock chunks (they are used for mining), and the pathing blockers?

Hmm, I think I could do that. Is there anyway I can contact you. MSN maybe? Also, am I allowed to use imports?

Edit: Oww damnit... I don't think I got enough time to spend for this project... I'm really really sorry >.<.

Last edited:
Level 6
hehe, no problem. My map can live with its actual (and awful) terrain. Thanks though, if you have some spare time someday, just make me know :)

Level 6
Ok, as I have really advanced this time with my project, I'm going to submit some screenies very very soon. If i'm not wrong, my project will be on public Beta for the next month!

Level 12
I think I can solve your terraining problem. Jass New Gen should have a limit breaker, allowing near unlimited destructables to be created. I'll check...

Edit: It apears to have no limits, so it should be ok for your terraining needs.

Level 6
Good :D
Then i'll finally will start to use JNGP after all :(
I have it installed and working since almost a year, but it's just i don't use NewGen WE feared just that my map becomes buggy for the use of JASS in my map (not much really)

Level 6
The classes are all with primary attribute on STR, so it doesn't matter how much classes there are. And if there should be a 9th class, what it should be?
The classes are co-operative between them. With that i mean that the warrior makes the spears for the hunter, the worker gets the ores needed by the warrior to smelt ores for the weapon smithing, the hunter gets the food for the entire tribe easily, or the engineer could make some good inventions for the tribe like, for example, a shotgun for the hunter (not sure yet) and so.
For the ruins idea you should tell me more about it. I'm not sure what would the "artifacts" be but the game is trying to be the more realistic as possible.

Off: Where are you all getting those silly avatars? lol so funny

Level 3
if you still in need of an beta tester i can help.

i see you already have a terrainer, but anyway, maybe i still able to help some other things XD.

PM me if you think i can help.

Level 6
I am currently terraining the map by myself with some help of LightSkin. But I am in need of a good terrainer, the map needs to have its terrain remade from start. I suck big time at terraining and the current terrain is crappy. If you, or anyone reading this post think you can make it, just PM me and we will get to work. Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Level 1
If you're still looking for beta-testers I'd enjoy helping!
I might not be the most experienced beta tester but I am a verteran warcraft player :D
a litte experience with mapping is there too.
PM me please,
Mortva

Level 6
Alright. when I can notice grammer errors, it has to be bad. but i'm not just gonna troll about it. i am ofering my assistance with grammer, and spelling, in the info, hints, and messages sections of this cool map. as we'll, i have a very good understanding about how stuff works, so if you need help with item combonations just ask.

to give an example, a steam engine, (a device that creates rotation in a drive shaft (cylindrical tube)) you need a metal boiler. the boiler is esentially a big-ass metal drum suspended over a fire. usually it will have tubes running through it that contain hot air from the fire. this is to allow more even heating. the drum is filled with water.

next you need a plumbing job to allow steam from the boiler to head towards the piston mechanism (unless you use a turbine) in the piston mechanism, all you really need is a piston, with a hole cut into the extended position, so that when the piston leaves the greatest space in the piston chamber, pressure is released making it easier for the piston to return to a "ready" state. there are many more complicated systems but this is good for basic theory.

finally you have the piston rod, wich ataches to a secound rod that can rotate independantly of the piston rod. that rod connects to a crank-shaft, that is connected to the driving rod. as we'll you need pipes to carry excess material out into the atmosphere. it is also a good idea to connect the steam release- with the boiler, in a form of condensor to allow you to use less water in the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.