• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Summertime Time.

WOT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
With the summer coming around, I'm going to have hours, upon hours of free time, and actually plan to do something with it. This means, that I do actually need to find something to do mind. Part of my time will be taken up by modelling, but I really want to get an actually decent map done.

I've had a few ideas, so I'll explain them quickly, and then hopefully get some ideas back, and even new ones would be appreciated.

1) Arcane Annhilation - In the spirit of games such as Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander, and BA: Spring. These games work off infinite resources. In general, there are two types of resources: energy and metal/mass. To get energy, you just build buildings that make it (ie: solar, wind), and for mass, you have something to extract it from certain deposits around the map. The goal here would be to convert this style of resource harvesting, into a fantasy themed map. The player always starts with one "commander unit" who they must keep alive in this style of game, and must kill the enemies to win.

2) Catacombs - An inverse dungeon crawler, where you are a dark hero who has to escape from his imprisonment. The player(s) can choose a character, and begin to quest against their holy captors. Eventually, you'll reach the light and have to destroy the town above to succeed in your mission.

3) Phase Stun CTF - [NAME TEMPORARY] A CTF (Capture-The-Flag) map, with a variety of twists. The players have a variety of ways of stunning enemies, such as traps and different spells. They can also create "walls" to block the players movement. The second feature is that there is an alternate reality that the players can "shift" into, retaining their respective position. So, you might want to wall an area off, and force the players to teleport out of that reality, into the one where you have set a cunning trap at their location. There would be round based games, where you don't respawn until the flag is captured as well. I need suggestions on how damage is dealt.

That's all for for now. Need feedback and suggestions.

Level 15
dunno, what is CTF, description doesnt seem too fun to me either, so i vote Catacombs. just please, make a descent, no, even good dungeon crawl... i'm tired of templates and clones =)))

Level 14
Catacombs - An inverse dungeon crawler, where you are a dark hero who has to escape from his imprisonment. The player(s) can choose a character, and begin to quest against their holy captors. Eventually, you'll reach the light and have to destroy the town above to succeed in your mission.

this sounds best to me

Level 15
off-topic: if u make Arcane Annihilation (judging from poll, that's unlikely), will i insta-win, if my WoW char will wear this? :grin:

Level 6
i agree with hawk. but, hawk, if you already think thats the boring one, why the heck are you even including that in the poll?
i voted pjase thingy. that sounds IMBA.

Level 6
i see. to me, dungeoncrawls get boring quickly if you dont introduce some sort of gameplay twists.

Status
Not open for further replies.