• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Suggestion: Map Update Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I was wondering, why isn't there some kind of notification when a map you downloaded (subscribed) is updated, so you will always know when your favorite map's version was changed.

Please post your opinions on this.

Level 12
I want to extend the suggestion to be able to get update notifications (aka subscriptions) for every thread. Notifications could be triggered when a new comment is added or the first post is edited (so a new map version is uploaded or for the case of a tutorial it is updated).

Also subscription should be an active act, not just because you downloaded a map.

Would be useful for some people I guess.

Level 11
I want to extend the suggestion to be able to get update notifications (aka subscriptions) for every thread. Notifications could be triggered when a new comment is added or the first post is edited (so a new map version is uploaded or for the case of a tutorial it is updated).

Also subscription should be an active act, not just because you downloaded a map.

Would be useful for some people I guess.

Yep, I forgot to mention that...

Cool idea; basicly Subscription to maps or resources.

You could also add a public subscription count to the resource page as an alternative to map ratings.
Users can then sort after subscription numbers to find quality resources faster.

The notification could show up on the top right corner, like PMs or visitor messages.

Something like "Subscribed maps have been updated (3)".

Cool idea; basicly Subscription to maps or resources.

You could also add a public subscription count to the resource page as an alternative to map ratings.
Users can then sort after subscription numbers to find quality resources faster.

The notification could show up on the top right corner, like PMs or visitor messages.

Something like "Subscribed maps have been updated (3)".

This, and the above ideas, sound like they would be a great addition to THW, I hope this is implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.