• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

strengths and weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi..
i was thining of making strengths and weaknesses
by the uses of buffs..

the units has a self aura.. with buffs
like fire, water, rock, ghost, normal etc..

but then.. i tried to use the
if attacking unit has buff water
attacked unit has buff fire
_damage attacked unit with 10*level of hero..

but the result is so really 10*level of hero..
what happened to the hero's "real" damage..
the(32-48) thing..

what i was trying to do is..
the hero's damage + "10*level of hero" if weakness
the hero's damage + "-5*level of hero" if not weaknes

water beats fire,
pls help.. =p
thnx advnce..

Level 12
Did you use the "Unit - Damage Target" function? If you did, this function just deals a specific amount of damage to the target and it counts as if it was the source who actually attacked the target. This has nothing to do with the units normal damage. On heroes the damage is able to calculate by checking the damage dices in the object editor and then look at the Gamplay constants how much the damage increases for each point on the primary attribute. This is the way I know but unless there is only one hero you must set the dices the same for all hero types. If I remember (not sitting home with my computer right now) all heroes have the same dice vaules by standard.

Level 5
dice of heroes is 0..
their damage depends on their stats..

so.. what are you trying to say?.. =)
should i make an upgrade or somthing..
but its.. cant be downgradeable..

i dont get it..
=)

Level 12
Take a look att a hero Paladin for example. You see this: (the "//= x" is just comments. It's not shown.)
Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Base 0 //= b
Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Number of Dice 2 //= n
Combat - Attack 1 - Damage Sides per Die 6 //= s

Go to Gameplay Constants and find this:
Hero Attributes - Attack Bonus per Primary Att. Point 1.00 //= c

Amount of primary attribute = x

These things combined with the primary attribute decides the heroes damage.

Here are the formulas:
Minimum damage = b+n+x*c
Maximum damage = b+n*s+x*c

Level 4
There is actually a far easier way to do this, simply go in to game play constenents edit the various armor and weapon types to your liking, then go to game play interface change the armor and weapon and armor icons and finally change the armor and weapon tooltips. Its that simple you now have your own weaknesses and strangths system.

Status
Not open for further replies.