• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Strange Multiboard (bug?) issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
[Solved, But no Reason found]Strange Multiboard bug

G'day,

I have a very strange issue with the multiboard in my current project. The trigger is as following:
  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 12 to |CFFC0C0C0Defender ...
  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 12 to ((String(team3lives)) + Lives.)
Basically, both lines are set to appear in the same row. And then, this happens (look at attachment).

Anyone here knows what might be causing this issue? And for those of you wondering, no, i have no other triggers that fiddle with the positition of "Defender Team 3". It is set up at gametime 00:00:01 and after that nothing pokes around with it anymore. This is not true for the "0 Lives" thing (obviously) but it does not seem to be the one on the wrong spot and I've checked all triggers that alter that text just to be certain.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• weird bug.jpg
    weird bug.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Level 2

I know this isn't proper jass, i just converted the trigger to custom text because I couldn't figure out how to paste triggers in here (I read the tutorial thing but I'm a bit of a noob at these kind of things, so I follow instructions literally and it didn't work). The actual trigger is all in GUI, and I know this isn't exactly representative, but it was just to give you guys an idea of how the trigger was set up.

Level 2
Paste the GUI trigger there ;)
Select the name of the trigger and then go on Edit-Copy as text then copy it there like this
  • Put your text here and after [//TRIGGER]
  • For closing the tag use only one / ;)[/QUOTE]
  • That is exactly what I did, but my pc was like nope and copied absolutly nothing, strangely enough.

Level 22
On the Trigger Editor, in the trigger window, Right-click any of the text (Events, Conditions or Actions), a menu will appear. Click on "Copy As Text". Then follow Malhorne's instruction.

Level 2
On the Trigger Editor, in the trigger window, Right-click any of the text (Events, Conditions or Actions), a menu will appear. Click on "Copy As Text". Then follow Malhorne's instruction.

Tried that too, didn't work. Figured out the real issue meanwhile: lets just say system restarts are king. Will update the original post, but for now, here's the trigger:
  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 12 to |CFFC0C0C0Defender ...
  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 12 to ((String(team3lives)) + Lives.)

Level 22
What should be on the same line? I couldn't understand from the first post. Is the death and kills the one?

Level 2
What should be on the same line? I couldn't understand from the first post. Is the death and kills the one?

Sorry for not explaining properly. Basically, it is the name of the team (in this case, Defender Team 3), and the Lives left of said team. I used exactly the same trigger command for the other teams and they work fine (copy->paste edit numbers, so no possible mistakes in that part). The kills are for the individual players.

Level 22
Defender Team 3 is on the wrong row, look at the screenshot, there should be an empty space there where it's positioned.

Level 2
Could it be at all possible that a rouge line break has made it into the strings sent to be displayed?

Almost has to be. Changing the row to 13 had no effect whatsoever, so I'm currently checking all my triggers to see if somewhere I accidently made it row 11.

EDIT: Said 'rogue line' is not in my triggers. Double-checked everything.

EDIT2: Putting actual text in row 11 has showed me a very intresting fact: the "Defender Team 3" that is supposed to be in row 12 is not really in row 11 either. This is getting weirder and weirder.

Attachments

• weirdbug2.jpg
    weirdbug2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 84
Level 22
Could you post the entire multiboard trigger here? That would make it easier to debug. Tried making a multiboard, haven't replicated that bug, I used 10 rows, row 5 and 10 are blank lines.

Level 2
Yeah, that might be for the best, although it looks a bit messy right now (quick changes)
Multiboard Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 18 rows, titled |CFFDAA520Master of...
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 18, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
        • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
        • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
        • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 5.00% of the total screen width
    • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Player((Integer B))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
          • Then - Actions
            • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row MultiBoardRow[(Integer B)] to (Player_Colors[(Integer B)] + ((Name of (Player((Integer B)))) + :|r))
            • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row MultiBoardRow[(Integer B)] to (Player_Colors[(Integer B)] + 0 kills.|r)
          • Else - Actions
            • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row MultiBoardRow[(Integer B)] to (Player_Colors[9] + Not playing.)
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Time Played:
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to ===================...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to ===================...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to ===================...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 7 to ===================...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 11 to Defender Team 3
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 11 to ===================...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 15 to ===================...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 15 to ===================...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to Setup Phase
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to |CFFC0C0C0Defender ...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to ((String(team1lives)) + Lives.)
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 8 to |CFFC0C0C0Defender ...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 8 to ((String(team2lives)) + Lives.)
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 16 to |CFFC0C0C0Defender ...
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 16 to ((String(team4lives)) + Lives.)
    • Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)
NOTE: This is the trigger for the attachment 2 posts above, not for the one in the OP (for the OP one, just remove all the lines between "Time Played" and collumn 1 row 4.

Level 2
Okay :D, sorry I can't seem to find the bug.

Nobody knows everything bro. Thanks for trying to help anyway! :)

On topic, I've narrowed down the bug to the fact that it has something to do with the line "|CFFC0C0C0Defender Team 3|r". Something in there is causing it to go herpdederp. Replacing it with ANYTHING else doesnt reproduce it, yet strangely enough putting the line in any other row also doesn't do anything. Something about row 12 and "|CFFC0C0C0Defender Team 3|r" is making the game do very weird stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind, replacing it only helps when its completly different (I tried my name and some other random stuff) while just replacing the number reproduces the bug. Removing the word 'Defender' doesn't however.

Level 2
I managed to solve the bug (making the first C of the color code non-capital while rewriting the whole thing fixed it), still not a clue what caused it tho.

Level 2
Must be a problem with the editor's trigger strings, did you try restarting the World Editor?

I had noticed this issue several days before I posted a thread here, but I automatically assumed it was just a WE derp, so I waited a couple of days & restarts (both WE and system) until I concluded it was more than that. It's fixed now, thanks to you guys (yes im giving you the credit even tho I'm the one who fixed it, you guys inspired me ^^)but still a very weird bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.