• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Still cant import models!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I still get that message "cannot load file blah blah blah". I have imported all the files, and renamed the paths for them. WHAT IS GOING ON!!! /cry

Ive tried about 5 modles and none are working..

How far should the paths be?
And i dont to rename the MDX right?

The only file i got to work was the gob pred :(

Level 1
I'm having the same problem, I downloaded the Raptor model and Imported the model and skin, I didn't rename the model, and changed the skin to Textures\Raptor.blp

No dice, it doesn't show up in WE or game.

EDIT: Just tried changing the pathing names to something else, and it works in game now.

Level 3
One that im having trouble with is Chest.

I have imported all the files, and they are located in warcraft 3 under chest then chest again(thats how it came)and there are 3 files 2 blps and the mdx

so i put the path chest\chest\(the 2 blps)not together tho

andthe mdx un touched, and nothin happens

Level 10
Hey, I might be of assistance. If when you load your map the WE gives you a cant load blah.mdx then try placing it in the editor. If its a green and black box then its just a pathing issue. If nothing shows up or WE crashes the model is to blam. I would convert the file to mdl and open it in notepad. Scroll down until you see...
Textures ?? { <--Could be any number
Bitmap {
Image "textures\???.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "textures\???2.blp",
}
Now match those paths in your directory and in WE.
Thats it I think. Cheers

Level 3
Dude you kick ass!!!! That fixed it, i was putting a model path in one, and it shouldn't have had it. Reading mdls is a great idea.

Level 4
GOD i tried downloading the grim model and it made the little green and black box :roll: (very unnoying) can one of u explain, in english :shock: HOW I MAKE THAT GO AWAY!!!!
---------------
-------

HELP!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.