• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] start/stop music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
im trying to use custom music for boss fights in my map, and having some trouble with it. I can get the music on/off ok, but its a little bugged, eg

Player enters region(enters boss area)
Play music

Player enters region(leaves area)
Stop current music

But my problem is, in multiplayer when you have several players and one leaves, the music stops although there are other players in the area still, which kinda ruins the feeling.

IS there a way to check if players are still in region before stopping music? I had a quick go but cant find the rite triggers

--Just had a thought, if you use the if,then trigger, would i putPlayer enters region(enters boss area)
Play music

Player enters region(leaves area)
Stop current music

If
Player (1) In boss area
Player(2) In boss area
etc

Then
Do Nothing

Last edited:
Level 10
Sorry, i cant manage to find the triggers, would you be able to put these in a map and upload them or tell me which catergory these are, thanks

Level 20
  • <Trigger>
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves <Region>
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area)(((Owner of (Leaving unit)) controller) Equal to User))) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Sound - Stop music After fading

Events:
Unit - A Unit leaver Rect/Region

Conditions:
(Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area)(((Owner of (Leaving unit)) controller) Equal to User))) Equal to 0

Actions:
Sound - Stop music <After fading>

Level 10
i cant find this trigger though, woudl it be possble to make it on amap or something for me? sorry to be a pain

Level 36
Can't find the trigger? Dude, come on now. You don't *find* triggers, you make them. The parts are all pretty basic. Create a new condition, click on regions category, clock on a unit leaves rect/region.

Go from there. Follow common sense. If a category is called 'Sound' it's bound to contain actions/events/whatever to do with sounds correct? Look in categories that make sense for what you want to do.

Level 36
1) It's actually the Hypno Toad

2) The show has been uncancelled and a direct-to-DVD movie, Bender's Big Score, was released in November 2007.

3) 4 Movies (including Bender's Big Score) have been planned. These movies will be divided into episodes and air on Comedy Central starting in 2008 sometime.

Futurama is back, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.