• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Starcraft Model/Animator Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Im looking for some1 interested in making models/animations for my Starcraft Maps Porject. http://mods.moddb.com/6470/

Currently i use most of Killst4r's SC models but she only made a handful of the complete unit/building sets and i require some1 to help me finish what she started and get a complete unit set.

An animator is also needed, as i would like the old SC models checked and reanimated so they look better then what they are now.

If anyone is interested, please post here or pm/email from and become part of the team;)

night_wolveX
Project Leader

Actually I will have make the sketch first, because to know the structure of the model. I will add some dark areas to determine where shadows are supposed to be and the skinner will have to shade and add minor details.

Oh, and the model is here in case you want to see it http://www.forums.hiveworkshop.com/showthread.php?t=30462&page=3

Last edited:
Level 7
you should ask Illidan(Evil)X hes a great modeler not sure about animator he can also texture very well to so jsut PM him and im pretty sure he'll give it a try.

Now I finished the sketch. I saved it in .xcf (GIMP) and .psd photoshop to preserve layers. The bottom layer has the plain texture, in the middle are black borders and at the top is basic shading.

Since I saw many threads on this site like 'taking requests' where they were referring to skinning, I hope someone will take this sketch and do some decent work.

I will explain something about.
The darker areas show where should shadow be made. Thats the reason I made multiple layers so the skinner can remove that layer and work on plain texture. He can also remove black borders, they were made to mark borders and make me easier to draw. If he finds easier, he can create rectangular parts instead of shaped, except for pole thingy. Red parts indicate team color. The part at the bottom is a bit confusing, actually those vertical bars are just extruded parts (I tried to make brighter at one side and darker at the other).

And the this is the model

Attachments

• archiveslayeredshaded.jpg
    archiveslayeredshaded.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 112
  • archiveslayeredshaded.psd
    139 KB · Views: 83
  • archive.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 67
Level 7
The darker parts don't show shading they are shading...Well kinda.I personally don't see the problem with this skin except for the outline.

Its not to detailed so it won't do muc hto the lag factor and its detailed enough to see it.

If you want to explain what you want me(or some other skinner to do because if its to hard i won't do it) I'd be glad to give it a try remember what I do to your skin isn't and take me seriosly ISNT gonig to be exactly what you want I am jsut a beginner myself so post detail and ill give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.