• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Starcraft II "Landscape"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I'm now using the SC II editor and posted a terrain screenshot. What you guys think?

Attachments

• He is Screwed.png
    He is Screwed.png
    839.7 KB · Views: 397

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You should upload such images as . jpeg to reduce file size. Even if compression is set to very low values it will still help keep server traffic down and allow people on slower connections to view.

The image is a bit too dark. Especially since you can see shadows which must be cast by sunlight the image just appears too dark.

Level 5
You should upload such images as . jpeg to reduce file size. Even if compression is set to very low values it will still help keep server traffic down and allow people on slower connections to view.

Okay.

The image is a bit too dark. Especially since you can see shadows which must be cast by sunlight the image just appears too dark.

Well, this is my first "landscape". And I don't know much about the Galaxy Editor...Its different from Warcraft III Editor.

and making everything extremely dark doesn't show us any talented "terrain" work... looks really generic to me.. Sorry if I seem blunt but that's just me :p

I'm not saying that this is a talented terrain work... But everyone starts somewhere. And, I like this first terrain. So, I've posted it.

The next one will be better than this one.

Thanks for posting. :)

Level 2
I like it a lot. I don't recall needing sunlight to cast a shadow... I believe any sort of light would cause a shadow - which there is plenty of light for that unit. Still, it should be a double shadow though (because of the 2 lights). It is a very nice setting, well done with great attention to the small details.

Status
Not open for further replies.