• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

spying ability trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, here is the ability that i need. I know i must trigger it, but i dont know how..
oh and, please, tell me what must to be the basic ability.
My spell is the spying ability
in the board of the spy, there is an ability, the player click on it, and a menu (not a dialog board with button, but a menu in the board where was the ability) appears with all color of player in the game (in my case : red, blue, teal, purple). When you click on a color, the spy change it's color into the choosed one. Now , the spy can go in the ennemy village and spy them without be atacked (thats my problem). The ennemy player can see the spy, but he MUST order its units to attack it to kill him. Ennemy units will not attacks him alone, the controler MUST order them to do so.
another thing, is it possible that when the spy change its color, his apperances change too,like a basic unit (like a worker)
thank to the first one who will help me
(ps: if you dont understand,post here^^)

Level 5
im not sure that is possible. Do any of the structures or units have truesight? if not then you could try having the trigger create 1 shade for the owner of the spy and the unit you want to be the spy and make the spy unit neutral passive. then you can have a trigger that orders the spy to follow the shade whereever it goes by ordering it to patrol to the unit. Then have a seperate trigger that fires when the spy dies. when the spy dies have it remove the corresponding shade from the game.

hope that helps.

Level 13
Kennyman suggested you make your spy unit invisible, and have a neutral passive unit follow it so it appears to be an ally to the enemy players. Then if it gets killed, so does the spy.

This would need to be a dynamic trigger, something I don't think you're ready for.

God this is the solution. And I was trying to do this for ages...
Damn I am so stupid -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.