• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spore Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am making a spore based map, its the same basis, you go through the time by means of upgrades and can customise ur creature by selecting a base creature then choosing items which attatch models to it to change its look like wings and tails. The aim is to reach the space age as fast as possible while trying to slow the enemy down. When you reach the space age, things come cheap and powerful, meaning that a rush to the space age is essential but making sure the enemy does not making it is of the same importance. The map will include:
-Primal, Tribal, Civilised, technelogical and space ages
-Large wars and development of your creatures abilities
-Customized vehicles and buildings to get your own tactics and looks
-Land; as more homes are needed for individuals in the war more land is needed, increasing conflict
-A balanced fight; all races are balanced, one types weakness is the others strengths and land is identicle technicaly (differenciated land for variety)

Please leave your comments about what you think and anything you would lik eto see in it, i love constructive critisism, keeps me working :)

Level 2
Sound like a good take from the real game thats coming out and I too wouldn't mind playing this as well.

Level 7
well i would think this could be a bit hard to do. Are you a good Jass programmer? If not it will be hard to make a whole game and not only a "swim and eat" minigame (you know what i mean this minigame with this small thingy which eats other small thingys and gets eaten by bigger thingys...)

but: good idea, i look forward to see a great map :D

Level 17
Sounds good. The best Spore map I played with was made by Popopu. As far as I know he never completed it. It's not flawless, it's not superawesome, but it's creative and looks good. I have to say I enjoyed it even though the game ends abruptly with the end of the tribal phase :S
The Map

I would love to see a good Spore game actually being finished. I suggest you to update your map development thread at least every week or so with the new ideas and features. When the game gets to a stage of development when we can see the stuff in action post screenshots.
If you are stuck or need help come to the World Editor Help Zone.

Level 6
Is this still being worked on? It sounds like a good idea, but I'm afraid gameplay may be lacking if you put too much time into attaching tails and such. Still, would be cool to see that in warcraft. I have my own spore being developed, but I've run into a lot of big time bugs and I'm afraid it may never be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.