• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spells won't appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all! I seem to have a problem that started last night and I cant seem to fix it...

I have made these three abilities so far for the hero I am making called the Nether Spirit.

Funny though if I learn the first ability (Black Out), it appears and works perfectly, but if I learn Nether Strike or Spirit Theft, nothing seems to happen, the icons wont appear. I have chcked to see that there are icons, but there are. And, to top it up, if I learn Nether Strike which is an Orb Effect, the effects work, but the icons dont show up...

Look, I may be stupid, or it just may be some corruption of my map, who knows...

Here is a screenshot to keep you with it:

81sazqr.jpg

1. Just normal, no abilities learnt etc. NOTE: The green icon like the Blood Mages Banish is a spell used in connection with Spirit Theft, it is not Spirit Theft itself..

2. I learn the "Spirit Theft" spell which is channeling (would this make a difference?). NOTE: The "Spell Immunity" icon is Black Out which is the only one that works when learnt...

3. Where I am pointing, the icon does not show up, but, as I said before, the spell "Nether Strike" doesn't show up, but gives me the Orb Effect... :cry:

I hope this all makes sense...

Thank You in advance,
PiCk

PS: Credits for ANY help. Thanks!

Level 11
This is because, when blizzard made item abilities they made them for items. Meaning many item abilities simply do not display icons. No way to fix that. However you can make a dummy spell and have them level that up. Then a trigger will level up the real spell which they don't see.

Level 5
Yes, okay that fixes the Orb Effect, but not the spell based off "Channel".

Spirit Theft is based off channel and should work...

Thanks for the Orb Effect thing...
Didn't know that.

So does anybody know why my Channel ability doesn't show up (BTW the channel ability was the main point of this thread)...

Level 11
I'm a bit confused. Is it based off of channel? Or is it just a channeling ability? Copy and paste the ability into another map, and post it. If you do it in the next 15 minutes, I'll check it out and see whats wrong with it. (After 15 minutes I g2g)

Level 11
Sorry, its triggers or nothing. Though it'd be a pretty easy trigger. Unfortunitly I've got to get off now. Maybe if I have time tomorrow morning... Just make an array and fill the array with all items which add orb effects. Then cycle through the array to check if an item they picked up is one of them. If it is, make them drop it.

Level 5
I have though of something and I whipped it up in about 10 seconds.
Do you think it will work?

• OrbDontStack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Orb of Whatever
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Buff Of an Orb) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: You cannot carry Orb Effected items!
        • Else - Actions
I did it very quickly, so it might be buggy...

Any idea if it will work? :thumbs_up: or :thumbs_down:

Level 19
no hero lears skill
if its the orb one
Add the dummy showing ability to hero
and set its level to orb (double adding an ability doesnt matter a unit cant have same ability twice it wont be added for second levels)

Level 11
How will that keep him from picking up a different orb effect from an item?

Anyway, you need to tweak your trigger slightly, don't check whether or not they have a buff, because I'm pretty sure the orb abilities don't give buffs. Instead check if they have the ability for the buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.