• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spellcaster Damage Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
To clarify what you mean, you are asking how to make a unit which has an auto-casted spell come out with said auto-casted spell toggled on? I don't believe there is a way to toggle auto-casted spells via triggers, unfortunately.

However, if you were asking how to make a spell auto-casted, I might be able to help. I haven't really messed with them myself, but I'd do my best.

Level 8
To clarify what you mean, you are asking how to make a unit which has an auto-casted spell come out with said auto-casted spell toggled on? I don't believe there is a way to toggle auto-casted spells via triggers, unfortunately.

However, if you were asking how to make a spell auto-casted, I might be able to help. I haven't really messed with them myself, but I'd do my best.
The first, it isn't that important though!

Level 14
As a side question: does that mean that a unit with an autocast ability doesn't toggle it on/off if they are stunned until the duration is over?
I think it is like learning abilities, the order will execute irrespective of if a unit is stunned or not.

Surely different from heroes learning skills.
An autocast toggle order is surely issued, but is not executed if a unit is stunned except in one case: when the autocast toggle order is the very last order issued before the stun period ends.
An autocast toggle order is more similar to a regular spellcast in this particular behavior under stun(pause).
So my answer to @Thing_I is: yes, it means that a unit with an autocast ability doesn't toggle it on/off if they are stunned until the duration is over.

See the different behaviors by trying them out in the attached stupid testmap.
(notice how easily you can run your hero around while he learns, and how difficult it is with the priest toggling? It means that learning abilities don't interact with common orders, while autocast toggle does-just like regular spells)

Now this feature is deceptive because regular gameplay teaches you another story. If you please add any unit with autocast to the testmap before testing, like a necromancer, try running it around the map. Notice how you can manually toggle autocast on and off as much as you want and it doesn't interrupt the movement order. You'll see the same thing with other orders.
Now why is it that manually there is a respectful behavior of autocast toggle(that closely mimics the hero skill learning in terms of non-interaction with other orders) and it is so different and disruptive if you order it through a trigger?
That's a question for another user because idk.
The only piece of a hint that I can bring to the table is that whatever it is, the difference between manual-issued and via-trigger-issued autocast toggle orders is abolished by stun: you won't be able to toggle autocast on/off neither manually nor via triggers during a stun period. Whatever determines the order-respectful behavior of manual autocast-toggle is influenced by pause/stun.

Edit: testmap updated, Necromancr added :)

Attachments

• AutocastToggleDuringStun.w3x
    18.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.