• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This seems to keep causing the dummy to shadow strike units in 150 range and I think its because it keeps spawning a new dummy, but I can't figure out how to fix this.

wildfireGUI
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to |c00ff1000Wildfire - W
(Ability being cast) Equal to Wildfire1
(Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Strike (Neutral Hostile)
(Ability being cast) Equal to Wild - dummys
(Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Strike
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 150.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Wildfire(dummy) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
If ((Picked unit) Equal to (Last created unit)) then do (Unit Group - Remove (Matching unit) from (Last created unit group)) else do (Do nothing)
If (((Picked unit) has buff |c00ff1000Wildfire ) Equal to False) then do (Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike (Picked unit)) else do (Do nothing)
Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

I tried using the if statements to fix it but :/I also tried wait both inside and outside the loop but to no success. I was hoping that having the buff If statement would prevent it from being cast but it doesn't seem to work.

Level 9
Code:
If ((Picked unit) Equal to (Last created unit)) then do (Unit Group - Remove (Matching unit) from (Last created unit group)) else do (Do nothing)
That line makes no sense. What are you trying to do? The picked unit wil never be equal to the last created unit. Even if it was, there would be no conditions to match (matching unit) to in order to remove it.

~The_Raven

Level 11
Umm... Let's see. Your method is kinda confusing but i have a better one. FIRST, what is with all those spooky spells? Do you intend to Shadow Strike all the units around a target of Shadow Strike??? :S Too complicated... Plus, you could make your own Shadow Strike spell. Give it to a dummy. Moreover, you can do this indeed but it would be much better to do an AoE Shadow Strike or something. Base it on Taunt with no targets or Fan of Knives with no damage and no blades cast around the caster. Give the Shadow Strike ability you made to the dummy (if you want levels you can do a Shadow Strike for each level and a Dummy for each level).

Now, the spell activates only when Ability being cast equal to your own Shadow Strike. You can base the spell on a Taunt like spell or really on a Shadow Strike. Now, regardless what you do:

Pick up the units you want to target and do the following actions:

-> Create your dummy at the position of (Picked Unit)
-> Add last created unit to a group you can make for this spell
-> Order your dummy to "Nightelf - Shadow Strike" (Picked Unit) [or whatever it should be the command...]

Now, Wait 0.15 seconds. After that pick up every unit in the group you made and remove that unit. Then clear the group and voila, spell done. This method usually works without causing lag. And imagine that I have Pentium 2 at 533 MHz and it barely lags in very few cases and because of the multiple animations. But this method is much safer. Try to apply it. Hope you understood what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.