• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

spell question :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
well i made a few spells for my ORPG im making, and every time i cast any of the "melee" spells, it still shows the caster animation.. this is my current trigger, i have tried to do other variations but :/ (base spell is fireball, but there should be a way to change the animation)

Assassin Lvl 1
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Rupture
Actions
Animation - Reset (Casting unit)'s animation
Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s Animation - Attack animation, using only Common animations
-------------attack damage etc here-------------------------
Animation - Reset (Casting unit)'s animation

Level 4
Go actually into the spell through the object editor and change the animation there to a sword swing or something. I don't look at those spell casting type animations that often so i don't know whats there but there might be a melee sorta cast looking thing in there if you look hard enough

Level 3
i have tried.... i just cant seem to find it... the closest thing i have found is the Art - Animation Names.. but i dont know what to change it too, i removed the default action of it but it still plays the animation :/

Level 21
The Animation names can be seen if you look at the models through the object editor, well, most common names are:

attack (plays attack animation)
spell (plays spell standard animation)
spell channel (plays channeling animation)
stand (plays stand animation)
spell slam (plays another spell animation)
walk (plays the walk animation)
morph (for example for the demon hunter, plays the morph animation for metamorphose)

That are the most common ones.

For your purposes put here: Art - Animation Names this: attack

Status
Not open for further replies.