• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Spell is not being cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello there, recently I've been facing an issue with a unit not being able to cast a spell, I've searched throughout wc3 related websites and I've only found this only function to order a unit to cast a spell. The problem in other words is that the spell in not cast despite the conditions being met.

Coding is as follows:

10qf249.png

Note that I already specified the order string of the spell:

34gk86x.png

I already tested to cast the spell as a player and it works but when I try to make a unit out of my control do it, it doesn't work. Any help is appriciated!

Well, the unit may still have an order when he enters that region, such as a "move" order. In that case, the trigger will fail because the unit will ignore the order.

You have two options: (1) order the unit to "stop" before you order him to cast blizzard (2) wait for him to finish his order, and then order blizzard (this method is a bit more complicated and would require a timer of some sorts).

Also, for future reference, you can use the trigger tags instead of uploading an image (it is easier):
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/how-easily-post-triggers-163285/

Level 3
Alright thanks for your reply I will try the method 1 now and will see how it does. As for the timers I don't really see a point as I could make the unit just stand still before casting the spell or put a cast time for it from the default object editor?

EDIT: Okay now I got the point of the timer, forgot blizzard is a channeling spell and not just a point spell. Cheers.
EDIT2: Something I forgot to note, the spell I am trying to make the unit cast is custom.
EDIT3: Making the unit stop or putting a timer before casting doesn't really do anything... any other ideas?

Last edited:
Is base ability used for the spell is actually Blizzard (the custom spell made using the default Blizzard Spell)? Because Orderstring, as far as I'm changing Orderstring doesn't affect the spell (changing BaseId will, only applicable in Channel and Return Gold and Lumber Spells, AFAIK).

If so, how bout add a 0.00 wait after stopping the unit.

Level 3
Hey thanks for the replying but I only understood the putting wait 0 seconds part which doesn't work at all.

Level 3
The ordinary spell was blizzard what I changed was removing the blizzard buff and blizzard effect and the icon, the animation names are still stand.channel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.