• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey im making a map, and i wanted you to be able to upgrade your character, and have spell books for each upgrade which you get at a certain level, so when you reach a level you can gain more spells, and your hero gets stronger ect... but i also want it so that you can use spells from previous levels, so i want to create a new hero for each upgrade, but i want you to retain your previous spells, and i have seen games where you click on a spell and it takes you to a list of spells and i was wondering how to do this because that would be almost perfect for my game.

Level 2
oh man im so stupid i just found the skill named skill book :p and that is what i was looking for ok thanks for your help, but its not exactly what i was looking for but thanks anyway, although i will think about using that trigger aswell however the only problem with the skill book is that you cant have hero abilitys in it, but i want some with more than 7 skills which is the space that the heroes will have

Last edited:
Level 2
i want you to be able to choose your skills, and then they get put into the spellbook/ level up in the spell book, and then when you upgrade your character as i mentioned before you get new skills in your hero to learn, as well as another spellbook, and when you learn those skills they get added to the new spellbook, however you have your old spellbook, so that you can still cast spells from that spellbook aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.