• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Speed Contest (Name Pending)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I ripped this idea months ago and I decided to share this.

Speed Contest is a Coding Contest which aims the fastest or simplest algorithm that you can code.
The host of a contest will give a problem or a process,then the contestants must code a snippet/library/system that does the wanted process.

The rules of the contest are the following:
1) Contestants are not allowed to submit GUI or other rejected languages such as cJass. You can only use either Jass, vJass or Zinc
2) Codes must not use any libraries. They must code the algorithm or the system of their own. But, you may require them, if the problem is that complex to be solved.
3) Submissions/Entries must be given to the host via PM, this is to prevent the copying of the code's algorithm.

Currently, I need to code a system which measures the speed of the process/algorithm.This will be used to know who is the fastest.

The contestant with the fastest algorithm shall win the contest.

Last edited:
We'd have to make the users submit 2 forms of the algorithm: Their version of the simplest and their version of the fastest.

Fastest and simplest don't usually go hand-in-hand because gaining speed often involves using things like lookup tables and non-trivial data-structures (trees for example).
Not saying it's impossible, it just makes it harder to judge entries objectively because X might be 20% faster than Y but Y might be 20% simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.