• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Spawned Units in Region Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, for the first time in a long time of having Warcraft 3, I finally tried the World Editor. I started 4 days ago. Now, I have A problem.

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 5 Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Zombie Spawn 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Zombie Spawn 1 <gen>) and do (Unit Group - Order (Units in Zombie Spawn 1 <gen>) to Attack (Random unit from (Units owned by (Random player from (All allies of Player 1 (Red))))))

The game starts normally and they spawn after 10 seconds. My problem is that they only walk for 5 seconds towards the players but then go back to the starting region and just stay there without doing anything. I have to go near them so that they'll finally attack.

Help?

Level 5
Go to your Terrain Editor. Then locate the Advanced tab > Gameplay Constants.
Then search for:
Creep - Guard distance
Creep - Guard return distance
Creep - Guard return time

The names are quite explanatory so I guess you know what they mean.
Set those values to maximum (or any value that suit your map).

Also, for your trigger...

Events
- Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
- Unit - Create 5 Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Zombie Spawn 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
- Unit - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack (Random unit from (Units owned by (Random player from (All allies of Player 1 (Red))

You can just use 'Last created unit group' and it will work the same way.

Level 3
Go to your Terrain Editor. Then locate the Advanced tab > Gameplay Constants.
Then search for:
Creep - Guard distance
Creep - Guard return distance
Creep - Guard return time

The names are quite explanatory so I guess you know what they mean.
Set those values to maximum (or any value that suit your map).

Also, for your trigger...

Events
- Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
- Unit - Create 5 Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Zombie Spawn 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
- Unit - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack (Random unit from (Units owned by (Random player from (All allies of Player 1 (Red))

You can just use 'Last created unit group' and it will work the same way.

Thank You! I'm such a noob XD

Status
Not open for further replies.