• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Soundcloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey everyone.

I'd like to share this with some people because I think this is a really great way of sharing music with eachother.
It's called soundcloud.
Soundcloud is a site that allows you to easily share music with others by just uploading it. It's attachable to facebook and so on.

Here's an example of the latest things I've been working on on my soundcloud profile:
http://soundcloud.com/teuncreemers/work-in-progress
http://soundcloud.com/teuncreemers/7-8-jazzsong

Just check out that site! I think this would make alot things easier because people don't have to download your file before listening.

A cool, I just recently made a soundcloud too

http://soundcloud.com/wherewolf-therewolf

Also the 7/8 song's great, I love the use of unconventional time signature, too many people can't leave their comfort zone of 4/4. You should try recording some of your pieces live.

Oddly enough, the Work in Progress song reminded of the old Spyro game's soundtracks. (There's probably a better example, but this is the closest thing from a quick youtube search)
The drums in that track sound more expressive then your other tracks, you trying new techniques on the drum track there?

Level 19
7/8: Thanks for that. I usually write songs in 7/8 and actually have to try to make things in 4/4 or other measures since for me it doesn't sound good if I write in 4/4.
And yeah I play the 7/8 song live now. Already had a few gigs wth playing it. Going to record it in the studio in a month aswel.

The WiP song doesnt really sound like the spyro track in my opinion. And yeah well the drums in there hmm.. I tried to make it sound like the drummer I used to play alot with when we play pop-songs.

But I think soundcloud is a nice place to share music. Better then uploading it everytime in posts here. Just give a link and anyone can listen to it.

The WiP song doesnt really sound like the spyro track in my opinion. And yeah well the drums in there hmm.. I tried to make it sound like the drummer I used to play alot with when we play pop-songs.

Well that was about the closest thing I could come up with to your track, I know there's a better example in that game but I'm a bit too lazy to search for it.

But I think soundcloud is a nice place to share music. Better then uploading it everytime in posts here. Just give a link and anyone can listen to it.

Yeah, though it's not without it's problems - like the 50 download limit or the 2 hours max (well 2 hours is a lot of time so it shouldn't be much of a problem atm, but here you've got as much space as you'd like). But then again, there's more people looking through soundcloud for music so you're more likely to get an audience there.

Level 19
Thanks. I'm currently recording that song live in the studio with my jazztrio.
Might aswel post it when it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.