• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] .Socketing items with a Dialog, need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I just fixed the problem myself, thread may be closed.

i just inserted a Dialog into my map.
-This Dialog lets you choose between 2 types of gems that you could insert and asks if you would like to insert it into a weapon or armor.
-If you don't have the type of gem you selected or if you don't have the weapon/armor required it will say so and cancel your request.
-If you do have the required gem and weapon/armor it will ask for confirmation.

for some reason however there are 2 strange bugs,

Bug 1:
i bought a weapon and an armor, i bought both types of gems i then selected 1 of the 2 types of gems and select armor the dialog will input the gem into the armor BEFORE asking for confirmation, and when it does ask for confirmation it will say i do not have the required gem.
This for some reason ONLY happens the FIRST time i socket something.

Bug 2:

i have this socketed weapon/armor, and i have a gem(the same gem as socketed in the weapon/armor) i wish to socket it, so i open the dialog select the gem type select armor/weapon and it'll say i dont have the required armor/weapon which is true because my armor/weapon is already socketed so i select cancel and then the gem in my inventory dissapears.
This for some reason ONLY happens with the Spirit Gem.

Points of Interest:
-This is supposed to work for 8 players, thus the use of arrays on all vars and strings.
-parts "3 - Extension" and "4 - Socketing is a succes" may be too long to read, skip all "Create item", "give item" and "remove item being manipulated by.." if its too much of a hassle, since i think the problems lie solely with the vars.
-If needed i will post in-game screenshots, although i don't think there's a need for that.
-if you're able to help me in anyway, there will OFC be +rep. like al helpfull people should get.

here are my triggers:
Dialog%20Pt1.jpg

Dialog%20Pt%202.jpg

Dialog%20Pt%203.jpg

Dialog%20Pt%203%20-%20Extension.jpg

Dialog%20Pt%204%20-%20Succes.jpg

Dialog%20Pt%204%20-%20Fail.jpg

for anyone trying to help:
Thank you. ^^

Last edited:
Level 8
Send me the updated map so i can test/fix ur trigger(s)

you could also just look at the triggers i posted in my first post you know o_O~

i'm also having some problems with the map in question btw, it won't be visible in wc3 when you want to create a game, so sending is pointless... >_<"

Level 8
um... i open it in world editor and hit "Test Map".. i never go on wc3 to test a map xD

np, i dont think i need it anymore cus i THINK i just totally fixed it xD

yay~

i'll just test a few more times do sum stuff here n there and i'll send you updated version for testing ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.