• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

So SC2 appears to have reasonable memory limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/de...10-seems-to-have-increase-global-variable/#p4

I didn't realize that patch 2.0 increased memory limits significantly. I think 4 million variables is good.

This may make me want to give SC2 another try. However, arhowk did figure out a really good fast way to synchronize local data via ForceUIKey, so I dunno. There are plenty of other things to hate about SC2 >.>. Arhowk did what, 800 integers in 1 second? lol... not to mention that the maps aren't as large and wc3 has the c# interpreter thing with sharpcraft.

Anyways ;o

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
SC2 is just far less annoying to use in many ways. Being able to integrate triggers with data seamlessly is a huge plus. What cannot be done with the data editor alone can be implemented in a trigger and plugged into the data without bloat or complex systems thanks to the available events.

An example was a random missile bombardment attack. The data editor does not support "random location in area" while triggers support it very easily. So what I did was hooked the weapon to a dummy effect which then triggers a trigger that fires a missile from the unit to the random point. The event only fires when that particular weapon is used so there is no constant overhead by adding the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.