• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Skin changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have 2 different Tavern skins (1. A shield on the board, 2. a sword on the board), but when i apply Shield skin it chanes all taverns and i need it to change only one, i tried importing tavern.mdl and changing it's name and tried to apply to it the sword skin, but it still gives me the shield :/ what can i do?

Level 15
1. export the tavern model from the mpq using magos
2. convert it to a .mdl (using an mdx/mdl converter)
3. copy it (make 2 versions of it)
4. open one up and scroll down just a bit, find where it lists the texture paths. Change the one for the tavern skin to whatever you want.
5. rename the shield/sword skin file to the same name as the new directory.
6. repeat for the other model and skin
7. import both models and both skins and remove the war3imported\ from the skins.

alternatively you can just attach both skins to your post and I can do it for you.

Level 4
4. open one up and scroll down just a bit, find where it lists the texture paths. Change the one for the tavern skin to whatever you want.

Open it with what?

Status
Not open for further replies.