• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Similar Game to Dota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
hi, i'm creating a map like dota (defense of the ancients) and i'm calling it DotCa (defense of the corrupted ancients). I have all ready finished the first version for now and would like you to give me some tips and tricks, now i know that copying a map like dota is a bit risky but it amazes me :goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 30
coming from the Specific Resources Rules:

Originality
Resources should be unique. Largely similar resources, such as icons or skins that are hue-adjusted version of each other, simple reskins that don't change the shape of the model, or maps that are effectively clones of each other, such as most LOAP and Footman Wars maps, may be rejected.

that should sum up the topic
also haven't we all had enough with DotA? I mean seriously its already been made on warcraft 3, sprouted LoL then re-accessed by making HoN then remade DotA again by making part 2 plus these android/games/apps that resembles AoS coming from DotA

its better to make up a different game than recouping what has already been steady for these years

EDIT: Blizzard also made a game coming from DotA again it is based on SCII its called "Blizzard All-Stars"

Level 16
Just upload it and i will finish the AI RISKS!!! :D

I don't need any AI thx and even if i upload it, at the point i am now i can't risk to upload it without protecting it

coming from the Specific Resources Rules:

that should sum up the topic
also haven't we all had enough with DotA? I mean seriously its already been made on warcraft 3, sprouted LoL then re-accessed by making HoN then remade DotA again by making part 2 plus these android/games/apps that resembles AoS coming from DotA

its better to make up a different game than recouping what has already been steady for these years

EDIT: Blizzard also made a game coming from DotA again it is based on SCII its called "Blizzard All-Stars"

Man your so rude :goblin_wtf: but even this i won't stop, i love my map because .... well i'm so proud of it that i won't stop :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
and what point am I being rude? I'm explaining the real deal. If you want to pursue your goal then try your luck in the [url='http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/"]Map Development[/url] forums, we'll see how criticism and distinguish of others see this through

Level 13
Seriously? Just another Dota? Amg, Dota is one of the worst stuff I've ever seen, I also played LoL, I had the same opinion about that too. Dota ruined everything that was left about Warcraft. No, you really should go and make some other type of map. Also, what would make your DotCa so much unique? Lets see, 3 lanes, minions, some heroes probably based on Dota, same layout, same look, same click, click, click, cast, click, click, die, flame, click, click style. AoS maps are done to death, unless its something epic and unique don't upload it.

Sorry for being rude, this must really hurt you, but all these points mentioned are valid and should be taken seriously.

Please do not double-post, your 2 posts have been merged.

Anyway, I think the message's been clearly sent: Most people have had enough of dota/AoS maps because they're all largely the same and the amount of AoS's being made is just too damn high.
However, if you're having fun developing it, then don't stop!
Remember, most modders do this for the fun of developing it.

Level 23
well you can't change the fact that it'll be compared to the successful map icefrog has created. so you should make sure the finished map will satisfy and please the people.

maybe offtopic but original creator of dota is Eul, who refused to work on it after blizzard released TFT, after that Guinsoo made a rip off of the original version, and after he was tired of that(actually, he works for RIOT now) IceFrog took his work and he is in it for now(he doesnt work on in alone tho, he has testers etc)

Level 16
well you can't change the fact that it'll be compared to the successful map icefrog has created. so you should make sure the finished map will satisfy and please the people.

I know, and I'm working on making it at least close to the rank of dota

and what point am I being rude? I'm explaining the real deal. If you want to pursue your goal then try your luck in the [url='http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/"]Map Development[/url] forums, we'll see how criticism and distinguish of others see this through

I was kidding :xxd:

Seriously? Just another Dota? Amg, Dota is one of the worst stuff I've ever seen, I also played LoL, I had the same opinion about that too. Dota ruined everything that was left about Warcraft. No, you really should go and make some other type of map. Also, what would make your DotCa so much unique? Lets see, 3 lanes, minions, some heroes probably based on Dota, same layout, same look, same click, click, click, cast, click, click, die, flame, click, click style. AoS maps are done to death, unless its something epic and unique don't upload it.

Sorry for being rude, this must really hurt you, but all these points mentioned are valid and should be taken seriously.

:vw_wtf: dota, bad!!!!!!!!
I know that I had to face criticism.... but dota is so :goblin_jawdrop:

Please do not double-post, your 2 posts have been merged.

Anyway, I think the message's been clearly sent: Most people have had enough of dota/AoS maps because they're all largely the same and the amount of AoS's being made is just too damn high.
However, if you're having fun developing it, then don't stop!
Remember, most modders do this for the fun of developing it.

Thx, this is my case :thumbs_up:

maybe offtopic but original creator of dota is Eul, who refused to work on it after blizzard released TFT, after that Guinsoo made a rip off of the original version, and after he was tired of that(actually, he works for RIOT now) IceFrog took his work and he is in it for now(he doesnt work on in alone tho, he has testers etc)

:goblin_jawdrop: :goblin_jawdrop: :goblin_jawdrop: :goblin_jawdrop: :goblin_jawdrop:
I didn't knew

your gonna fail.. it's really hard to make dota

When I began, i found it really hard, (i began on january 2012), now i'm on the 1.02 version and i found that continuing is much easier and i'm seperating a bit from dota

Btw, +rep to all who posted here

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
If that is your decision then sorry about that...:vw_love: just continue your favorite map :goblin_good_job:

but never forget you can't reach the complicated triggers, AIs, Balancing Units, and others like Dota Maps...

Status
Not open for further replies.