• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Similar Building placing as Undead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I thought of a new race, which has a similar building placing style as the undead race.
the race's name is: the Northern Cult

My Idea
i thought of this: a building from them is placed: the ground around turns into ice/snow (it depends on the building, how big that circle with snow will be), the trees which touch this snow ground will also be replaced with snowy trees.
All Northern Cult buildings can only be placed on snow ground, besides of the Town Hall.

A nice addition would be this: every time a Northern Cult unit stands on snow ground, its armor will raise by 2. Its Life-Regenarations also gets a small boost of 1 hp/sec.
That would make the race really defensive and awesome :).
pls can someone make a system like this, cause im not able to do that.

i will give you credits, my best thanks and rep of course.

Level 10
YOu can just export a snow texture and reimport it with the path of blight :) Then all blight will be snow :) you also should change the error message when trying to build at other playes. For the life reg: just set the reg to only while on blight when you use what i said above :)

that really sounds really helpful... i will give it a try, thx :)
but... how to export a snow texture?

Level 10
aah sry i got the name it is barrens
correct me pls if im wrong :)
i also attached an image

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 84
Green Gas:
What do you want? hide them? or another effect?

Tree:

• Lololol trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set destructible_point = (Position of (Picked destructible))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (destructible_point is blighted) Equal to True
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Barrens Tree Wall
            • Then - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Picked destructible) is dead) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
                  • Destructible - Create a dead Summer Tree Wall at destructible_point facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation (Random integer number between 0 and 10)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
                  • Destructible - Create a Snowy Tree Wall at destructible_point facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation (Random integer number between 0 and 10)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_destructible_point)
Then go to Object Editor -> Destructibles and search for Snowy Tree Wall.
Change it's Art - Model File to Doodads\Terrain\BarrensTree\BarrensTree.mdl
Change it's Art - Replaceable Texture ID to 33.

Less filesize eh? :D

Level 10
really thanks, but it laggs like hell and even drops the framerate to 0 after some time..
it also somehow does'nt work.
it is as it would leak.. maybe picking a destructible group leaks?
when i open the task manager the war3.exe is at ~250K and every second it increases by ~5K
what to do now :eek:

and yes i want another effect, than the green gas.

Level 10
There are several ways you could do this. But if you just do it the way Supertoinz did it but instead of running it every .05 seconds you run it whenever a building finishes construction it would drastically reduce lag and be more efficient.

If that for some reason doesn't work you could also (whenever a building finishes construction) pick every destructible within the effected radius and replace it if it is a tree.

EDIT - if you need me to make the actual code I can do so when I get home later this afternoon

Level 10
There are several ways you could do this. But if you just do it the way Supertoinz did it but instead of running it every .05 seconds you run it whenever a building finishes construction it would drastically reduce lag and be more efficient.

If that for some reason doesn't work you could also (whenever a building finishes construction) pick every destructible within the effected radius and replace it if it is a tree.

EDIT - if you need me to make the actual code I can do so when I get home later this afternoon

the question is: does picking a destructible group leak?
you can do it, but i can also do it :)
i've no problems with simple codes or simple MUI/indexing spells
if you make it i would give you rep and credits :D due to my small laziness...

also thx i will change the effect to something snowy.

EDIT: awwww i used this model for the Blight Doodad, and it looks awesome :)

i only need the tree problem solved now ..

Last edited:
Level 10
hmmm, then why does the memory capacity of wc3 increase like about 5K per second?

screen.JPG is after about 1 sec.
it remains the same... but when i open wc3 again (which is still running) and open the task manager, the space is by ~200K and it increases by 5K until it reaches 300K, then it stops.
but when i open wc3 again, it, again, increases until wc3 breaks down...

so... there must be something wrong.. xD

Attachments

• Screen2.JPG
    Screen2.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.