• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Siege of the Damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need some ideas for a map that i and a partner are working on. its called Siege of the Damned. this map is unlike any you have seen before. I ask the question why just play 1 type of map when you can play several. This map's plot has 3 types of maps inside of it. I'll explain, during the beginning you are trying defeat an evil force who threatens to kill the Holy Alliance (names may change). You have been sent to aid them. However, the enemy is already setup. The only thing preventing them from utterly destroying you and the alliance is a magic barrier. The barrier is held up by a generator at the back of the tower defense section of the map. After the generator is destroyed the barrier falls. During the td time you and your allies should have built a base and some units. Here is the melee portion of your map. TO the far left is the holy alliance they will spawn units and thus will be the aos part of the map. it is up to the allies to defend their lands and counterattack this evil presence. You win by destroying the enemy headquarters. I was going to put a dracolich in as one of the guardians of the enemy hq but i'm not sure i'll be able to do it. This map will also feature a custom tech-system, custom models and and intriguing gameplay i hope everyone will love. I would like some suggestions on this map. And i estimate that this map will take 30 minutes of play time. Right now i'm about 45% done with the terrain. the size of the map is huge about 212x212. to tell you the truth this is my first map but don't let that discourage you into thinking that this map will suck. I know how to use sound, terrain, object editor, import manager. Not only that but i have also imported some edited sounds wavs by myself. and ya. It would be best to contact me by AIM if you want to talk with me directly. Well gl with all your gaming guys. AIM name- dalaranarchmagi

Level 22
Sounds a bit...large, of an undertaking for a first map. It would be a nightmare to trigger all that, and someone who is unfamiliar with all the aspects of triggering would probably struggle...

But from the sounds of it, I'd reccomend not using too many human players. WIth that map size, costom models, ect, the file size would probably end up being too big.
-VGsatomi

Level 2
i know i'm making this maybe 6 people. Technically this isn't my first map, I've made others but they aren't official and are more for experience using world editor than anything else. I can setup a great deal of it by myself. And i know triggers will be a horrible monster that i'll need to deal with. but thats why i have a buddy working with me on it, he specializes with triggers. :lol: but when i get the terrain done i'll probably send it to you, just as a free peek. but thats all i can say for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.