• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] Sha'tar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19

full

Information

The Sha'tar, which means "Born from Light" in Draenei, are a strong faction headed by
the naaru A'dal. They rule over a reconstructed Shattrath City, which is a major hub
in Outland located in the Terokkar Forest's northwestern corner. They lead the war
against Illidan and the Burning Legion with the aid of the Aldor and the Scryers.

Characteristics

58318-89e0d3557035bc82f336b4ecfe458fdf_tn.jpg

Almost all units have the Gift of the Naaru -
When a unit is attacked, there is a 50% chance to be healed
based from thrice the amount of damage taken.
Huge emphasis on defensive tactics and heavy artillery.
Experimental magic-tech weaponry.
Variety of multi-functional support units.

Tech-tree

Working on it.

Heroes

Blood Knight-Lord

Magister

Grand Anchorite

Exarch

Description

Preview

full
Cunning Hero, adept at melee combat and killing enemy units.

full

Undying Flame - Innate Passive

Grants 1 attack damage for every nearby enemy unit. When Blood Knight-Lord's health falls below 35%, she gains 50% attack speed.
77984-ef4819cf359f03c232fbb11a6f0023b2_tn.jpg

Avenging Wrath

Blood Knight-Lord slams the ground, dealing damage in area, slowing attack and movement speed of enemy units for a few seconds. There is a chance that Blood Knight-Lord slams the ground with more power, ripping out waves of pure force dealing damage in outer area, making her to gain attack speed.
182034-51e84f59260ed07e9721b3c21d1a8315_tn.jpg

Cutting Edge

Blood Knight-Lord bursts into her inner rage, rapidly attacking everything on her path, dealing damage and quickly moving towards the targeted point.
full

Redemption Aura

Emits an aura that heals nearby allied units whenever the Blood Knight-Lord is attacked. Also allows you to force enemy units within 250 radius to attack you. Has an Area of Effect of 500. Blood Knight-Lord will not be healed by this aura.
185306-2468eeab2870d5c29d07e2234e9bea4d_tn.jpg

Purifying Annihilation
When Purifying Annihilation is activated, it gives the Blood Knight-Lord bonus armor, bonus hit points, bonus damage and spell immunity.

blood-knight-lord-jpg.380773

Description

Preview

full
Mystical Hero, adept at offensive range magic.

full

Arcane Barrage

Channels powerful arcane energy into the Magister, after 3 seconds the Magister is able to move and the energy is released into a devastating barrage of missiles which hunt down their target.
full

Summon Mana Golem

Summons a powerful mana golem to attack your enemies.
100597-6e6dd039c0dac7b222fcac1e9ed3e64a_tn.jpg

Tether

Tethers the Magister to an allied unit, granting bonus movement speed to both. When Magister restores health or mana, tethered units target gain same or more than the amount. Any enemy unit that crosses the tether is slowed and damaged. The tether breaks when the allied unit moves too far away, or Magister cancels the tether.
92268-083d2d092b1a0842607d07983e7ea198_tn.jpg

Event Horizon

The power of Black Hole forms in front of the Magister generating a micro-black hole which will travel slowly toward the target point, The black hole drags enemies into it, upon reaching its destination the black hole explodes dealing damage and throwing the enemy units back.

magister-jpg.380774

Description

Preview

full
Mystical Hero, adept at healing and supporting holy magic

153114-845b20cacf4a9e653c04ae00507cf425_tn.jpg

Light of Dawn

Heals units in a cone from the Grand Anchorite to the target unit.
full

Scales of Judgement

The Scales of Judgment determines the good and evil of a target enemy or ally. If the target is an enemy, it damages and decreases its armor. If the target is an ally, heals it and increases its armor. Once judgment is finished, it will select a new target and seek it.
full

Consecrated Aura

Gives additional mana regeneration and armor to all friendly units in the map.
100142-3b6de163960b4eef48794a482ff2b2a4_tn.jpg

Seraphic Ascension

The Grand Anchorite calls for the heavens, and causing all friendly units in an area to become invulnerable, while causing damage per second to hostile units. If a unit leaves the area, the effects will cease upon that unit.

grand-anchorite-jpg.380775

Description

Preview

full
Warrior Hero, exceptional at commanding units and controlling the flow of combat.

full

Fortitude

Unleash a powerful light force into a position. The bolt ignites all nearby souls in 400 range, dealing damage proportional to health. Afterwards, any allied unit struck will be healed both health and mana and enemy unit will lose hit and mana point per second for 20 seconds. Always left 1 HP. Initial damage is spell and the interval effect is pure.
full

Volatile Light

Infuses a target area with holy light for a set amount of time. If any friendly unit enters the area, they will be healed over time for 4 seconds. Any enemy unit that remains inside the area will miss more often on attacks.
full

Battle Focus Aura

Enhances nearby allied units' attacks with a chance to deal additional damage and avoid attacks.
full

Azuremyst Barrage

Stuns units in a 100 degree arc in front of Exarch. The stun increases with proximity to the Exarch. Azuremyst Barrage has 450 range, maximum 10 second stun.

exarch-jpg.380776

Units

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

full

Artificer - Worker

Basic worker unit. Can harvest gold and lumber, summon structures and Repair. Can become Living Vigilant.
He can 'summon' structures so it is recommend to stop manually building structures to avoid wastage of resources. This also make him excellent in power building like human peasants.

Attacks land units and trees
full

Peacekeeper - Melee Unit

Durable foot soldier. Has Shock Sword and Defend ability. Can learn Unwavering Strength.

Attacks land units.
full

Scout Ranger - Ranged Unit/Scout/Stealth Detection

Basic long-ranged scout and attacker. Can learn Fleet Foot, and True Sight upgrade.

Attacks land and air units.

full

Arcanist - Primary Spellcaster

Adept at debuffing enemy units. Can initially cast Confusion, which causes enemy attacks to miss. Can also learn Mana Sap and Ethereal Warp.

full

Anchorite - Supporting Spellcaster

Adept at buffing allied units. Can initially cast Soothe, which increases the life of multiple wounded units. Can also learn Nullify Magic and Devotion Armor.

full

Inversionist - Melee/Siege Support

Elven warrior excellent at disrupting enemies units and structures. Can initially cast Bond Breaker, which reduces armor and gives vision of an enemy structure. Can also learn Reverse Stasis.

Attacks land units.
full

Scryer Transport - Amphibious Transport/Scout/Stealth Detection

Heavily armored amphibious transport vehicle, effective at carrying units across the battlefield. Can be upgraded with Flares and Temporal Warp ability.

Can travel on water. Cannot attack.
full

Skyguard Sentinel - Anti-Air Unit

Fast moving medium armored vehicle, extremely effective at destroying air units. Can learn Overload ability.

Attacks air units.
full

Ashwing Moth - Light Air Unit/Anti-Magic Unit

Swift flying unit, excellent against magic units. Has Magic Disruption and Phase Shift ability. Can learn Devour Link.

full

Vindicator - Melee Unit/Support/Siege Unit

Melee support. Can initially cast Aldor Might, which increases attack damage and life regeneration rate. Unmounted Vindicators has increased life and mana regeneration rate. Can also learn Elekk War Training.

Attacks land units.
full

Nether Ray Skyguard - Heavy Air Unit/Anti-Tower Unit/Ground Support

Powerful flying creature, mounted by a Draenei crossbowman. Can learn Trenchant Breath ability.

Attacks land units.
full

Arkonite Artillery - Ownage Device/Siege

Heavy long-range siege weaponry with self-repairing modules. Effective against buildings but extremely slow and vulnerable. Has Siege Mode, allows to anchors itself to the ground to enable Arcane Depleted Shells ability along with increased damage and attack range. Can learn the Arcane Depleted Shells ability.
It is the longest range unit in the game.

Build limit of 2 units.
Attacks land units and trees.

Screenshots

Structures

Units

Screenshot 3

Screenshot 4

Screenshot 5

Screenshot 6

Screenshot 7

Screenshot 8

Screenshot 9

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Additional Information

To play as the Sha'tar, select Human when choosing a race in the lobby.
Also includes zoom command, just type -zoom xxxx to your preferred camera distance and -zoom reset to use default settings.

Credits

Models

Skins

Icons

Code

Special Thanks

Sellenisko
Mythic
UjimasaHojo
Hawkwing
A.R.
Ket
GhostThruster
kangyun
armel
Reflex
Shyster
Zephyrius2412
ILH
Edge45
crill-myster
Peekay
sPy
Empyreal
Totoro
M9A91
marcus158
JetFangInferno
Power
General Frank
Quin Tan Min
UgoUgo
Daelin
YoursTruly
Alpain
WILL THE MIGHTY
Pyritie
Bloodslaughter
epsilon

67chrome

DarkePacific
PeeKay
GhostThruster
Sin'dorei300
FrIkY
Orcworks
CRAZYRUSSIAN
UjimasaHojo
dickxunder
The Panda
Murcolologist
LiOneSS
NFWar
Ezikielth
Zephyrius2412
Hellx-Magnus
Darkfang
KelThuzad
Goblinounours
The D3eath
Skirk
Altruistic Anduin
Riki
LazZ
PrinceYaser
AbstractCreativity
Palaslayer
Edge45
JollyD
Chaosy
Maxwell
D.ee
Eternal One

Bribe
Flux
Retera
Wietlol
jonbon29
Daffa
Killcide
Manasurge
Meatmuffin
-Berz-
Empirean
Tank-Commander

stein123
Orcworks
Uncle
Spellbound
Deolrin

Change Log

Map posted in Map Development Section.

Updated to V1.1
Full changelog here.

Author's Notes

I've been developing this map since 2016-2017 but I lost it when my computer broke.
This is all new and different from what I did before.
It is almost complete except for further tests and balancing.
I'll forward to your reviews and takes for this faction.

Last edited:
Level 27
I gave this a pair of tests and noticed some things that you can improve:

• I appreciate the hotkeys you added to the faction. They are very similar to the ones I usually use and make selection a lot easier.
  • Since Arkonite Generators give 10 food, you can reduce the amount of food produced by the Main building from 12 to 10. IMO, a Main building should produce more than 10 food when the specialized food structures give 8 or less.
  • Perhaps the Arkonite Generators have more mana than they will ever use. You could reduce it to 200.
  • There is a strange bug with the Artificers. When these become Living Vigilants and then return to their original form they can no longer summon buildings.
  • I don't know if it is intentional to increase the armor of the Scryer Towers when they use their ability (the description does not indicate anything about that).
  • The Peacekeepers are very powerful for a T1 melee unit. If you consider their stats, abilities, and upgrades, you have a unit that easily defeats a Grunt. I would recommend reducing hit points and maybe balancing abilities.
  • The Unwavering Strength upgrade appears to have an error. In theory it should increase attack speed by 20% but actually increases it by, I don't know, 2000%? Check it out.
  • A part of the Wind Walk description is still present in Fleet Foot. In addition, in the upgrade of this ability, both the name and the description do not match those of the ability.
  • Elekk War Training upgrade seems to take too long researching.
  • Confusion and Mana Sap should have some visual effect on the target to know which units are affected.
  • Soothe is definitely too powerful for only 5 mana. I suggest increasing the mana cost and reducing the amount of hit points healed.
  • Devotion Armor should also cost more mana.
  • Bond Breaker reduces the armor of buildings by 17. The description says that it should reduce it by 4. Also, you can select friendly buildings with it.
  • Nether Rays have mana that they (apparently) aren't using.
  • Some Hero spells may also receive balance improvements.
  • There could be some other things yet. But for now these are the ones that I could notice.

Overall, it's a good job with a great potential. I like several of the ideas you used in your units and your buildings. Good presentation by the way. :)

Level 19
Ohh thank you very much! Also it seems like I still missed some easy mistakes haha.

• Since Arkonite Generators give 10 food, you can reduce the amount of food produced by the Main building from 12 to 10. IMO, a Main building should produce more than 10 food when the specialized food structures give 8 or less.
  • Perhaps the Arkonite Generators have more mana than they will ever use. You could reduce it to 200.

I'm not sure of changing these for the mean time.

• There is a strange bug with the Artificers. When these become Living Vigilants and then return to their original form they can no longer summon buildings.
  • I don't know if it is intentional to increase the armor of the Scryer Towers when they use their ability (the description does not indicate anything about that).

These things I will check it further because I'm not sure of what causing them to behave like that.

The other things you've mention they will be fixed in the next update. :goblin_yeah:
I'll be balancing the hero spells further.

Edit: I know why the Arificer's behave like that. I just need to add the build list to the living construct in order for them to build normally again.
EditEdit: The armor was coming from the DataE1 which is the Data Damage Cooldown. Yeah it doesn't do what it says in the object editor lol.

Last edited:
Level 19
Hello I'm back here again for an update. I'm very busy right now so the updates are slow.
Here is the full changelog of V1.1.

192340-a328e5aa588fb6251cf0596d39055cd6.gif

Units

Heroes

Structures

Items

Credits to Ceterai for these Glowing Mushroom Icons.

Artificer

Fixed the error of not being able to build structures after transforming into a Living Construct.

Living Armaments (Ability)
  • Changed hotkey for Back to Work from W to E.
Peacekeeper

Unwavering Strength (Upgrade)

• Added a Techtree – Requirement of Sanctum of Lights.
  • Increased Gold Cost to 250.
  • Decreased Attack Speed Bonus upgrade from 200% to 20%.
Scout Ranger

Updated the model. (Credits to Biridius for helping me.)

Fleet Foot (Ability)

• Fixed tool tip.
  • Increased movement speed increase from 10% to 20%.
  • Increased transition time to 1 second.
Arcanist

Confusion (Ability)

• Changed Buff Art – Target.

Mana Sap (Ability)

• Fixed Buff Art – Target Attachment Point.
Anchorite

Soothe (Ability)

• Decreased Heal per Target from 200 to 150.
  • Increased Cooldown from 1 second to 5 seconds.
  • ]Increased Mana Cost from 5 to 50.
Devotion Armor (Ability)

• Increased Mana Cost from 7 to 75.
Inversionist

Bond Breaker (Ability)

• Fixed Tooltip.
  • Increased Mana Cost from 75 to 90.
Vindicator

Elekk War Training (Upgrade)

• Decreased Training Time from 300 seconds to 40 seconds.
Nether Ray Skyguard

• Removed Mana.

Blood Knight-Lord

Avenging Wrath (Ability)

• Reduced bonus damage from 65/130/195 to 50/100/150.

Cutting Edge (Ability)

• Fixed DISBTN Icon Path.
Magister

Arcane Barrage (Ability)

• Increased Cooldown from 8 to 12 seconds.

Event Horizon (Ability)

• Increased Cooldown from 20 to 180 seconds.
Grand Anchorite

Seraphic Ascension (Ability)

• Increased Cooldown from 0 to 200 seconds.

Hall of Lights, Sanctum of Lights, Terrace of Lights
Dominion of Authority (Ability)

• Fixed the Trigger Conflict which was preventing it to work properly.

Living Armaments (Ability)

• Changed hotkey for Back to Work from W to E.
Arkonite Generator

Arkonite Repairing Modules (Ability)
  • Increased Mana Cost from 20 to 35.
Scryer Tower

Scryer Flare (Ability)

• Removed the Data – Damage Cooldown which gives Scryer Towers additional armor when activated.

Arko Mine

• Changed model’s Art - Tinting Color to 0/0/250.
Orb of Manatite

• Fixed Item Hotkey from R to Z.

Last edited:
Level 3
kuya, fully finished na ba itong campaign? Let me know if I can play it na with little to no bugs. thank you!

Level 19
kuya, fully finished na ba itong campaign? Let me know if I can play it na with little to no bugs. thank you!

It's only an altered melee map not a campaign.

they buildings have a too simple look - just recolored in purple human and undead buildings if you interested there will be pack of dalaran buildings which will be more suitable for them

Yeah I've seen this one before but I kinda like what I have for the buildings right now.

Level 3
It's only an altered melee map not a campaign.
ay oops! I actually meant altered melee. but, is this map finished na ba? wala na bang tweaks na gusto mong ilagay? To play as Sha'tar dapat Human piliin diba? But how about the Scryer Blood Elves? How do we play them? What race should we pick to play them? Thank you!

Level 26
There is no information about which version of WC III is needed, and I played on 1.31. It looked interesting for me, but after I met my normal computer ally: the game became so laggy, that I needed to force quit from the game back to windows. Yes, I was seen you have 2 other melee maps for 1.21b or some sort, but here, in this page there is NO INFORMATION about which version of Warcraft III game is recommended to play this map (Sha'tar V1.1).

Level 19
There is no information about which version of WC III is needed, and I played on 1.31. It looked interesting for me, but after I met my normal computer ally: the game became so laggy, that I needed to force quit from the game back to windows. Yes, I was seen you have 2 other melee maps for 1.21b or some sort, but here, in this page there is NO INFORMATION about which version of Warcraft III game is recommended to play this map (Sha'tar V1.1).

I only got an old version which is 1.27. I think it's playable in the new versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.