• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

SFX on a missile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hold shift. That disables limits.

Hold shift, double click the value, and enter.
Besides, you can move 'instantly' with triggers.

hmmm... entering the higher values is no problem, but they dont actually make a difference :)

As for move instantly, I'm trying to make the unit appear like the shockwave SFX, so it just needs to travel really fast :D

If its going to be this complicated, i might just give up, and settle for something that wont look as nice, but will do the job lol :)

Level 21
You could simply use the dummy model in my system map and just attach every X seconds a thundercap to his origin, would look ok i think.

You can even attach multiple sfx effects to the dummy.

So you could add shockwave 1 time and the thunderclap repeatable, and everytime if you add shockwave just damage all units in a radius around the current position of the dummy.

Level 8
To make the thunderclap appear at regular intervals, the easiest thing to do is base the ability off of "impale". Just set the "art - special" to "thunderclap." Once you set "air time" to 0, it will no longer cause the hit units to fly into the air. You can (almost) remove the stun by setting the duration to 0.01 and removing the "art - target" of the buff.

If you still don't like the way it stuns units for a fraction of a second, you can set the "targets allowed" to none and make a periodic "unit - damage area" trigger, whose target position would move with the thunderclaps. Let me know if you need more info on how to do this part with GUI triggers.

Level 6
By memory setting the duration to 0, causes issues (the buff defaults to its original duration).

@maskedpoptart: I hadn't thought of impale. Well done. But, out of curiosity, would the shockwave way work? I haven't got WE in front of me, at the moment, I can't actually test it out.

Off-topic: Where'd you come up with "maskedpoptart"? That's an interesting one... :confused:

Level 8
You can hold shift and set the value to 0 actually.
actually, you can set the duration to 0 without holding shift, but it causes the units to be stunned infinitely :/

Would setting the missile of the ability to the thunderclap SFX work? The FX is meant to repeat. So if you set the FX to thunderclap, and maybe slow the missile down a little, you should get the visual effect you're looking for. :thumbs_up:
ok i just tested this, and the thunderclap only goes off two times, about .1 seconds apart, no matter what missle speed you use; don't ask me why. also, you cannot use both the shockwave and thunderclap as missle art (unless you trigger, of course).

Off-topic: Where'd you come up with "maskedpoptart"? That's an interesting one... :confused:
i like to be unique :p. long story short, it involved eating a lot of poptarts for breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.