• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Several Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I want to know:
Is there any way how can I use several skins for one model ?
( for example: I have an Knight model, i need to import new skin for it, but I also need model with the old standard skin )
Can I prevent importing the model with changed texture pathes?
(Yes, I readt "texture importing" tutorial)

Thanks for answers
+rep for help !

Level 13
BUT you can do it on another way:

1. Extract the model from wc3 using wc3 extractor (somewhere in tool section)
2. Download the texture path changer (tool section)
3. change the texture path of the extracted model to a new path
4. Import the extracted model and the new texture.

That would double the used size but you could have the same model with different skins :/

Level 5
Can I prevent importing the model with changed texture pathes?

^^^ I'm asking if can I have more models with different skins, but import it only ONCE to the game ?! something like ingame texture path change, doesn't that exist ?
Thats my question. I know that I can import them more times, but that makes the map bigger, thats not economic to import whole model because of few changed lines in texture pathes :)

umm sounds interesting, ill take a look on trees and their texture pathes, and check if we can't do that with units, buildings e.t.c.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.