• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Searching For A Person With Excellent English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello there.

I'm searching for a person with not just excellent english, but I also want you to be native english speaker. I want you to help me to improve my horrible english in different kind of texts. For example in cinematic dialogs, item and ability descriptions.

I have a lot of text and the project is giantic which means we both must have a lot of patience while working. I will not send you all the text immediately, we are going slow but steady. I want everyting to be perfect and understadable. The help I want from you isn't going to take just a little time, our worktime will be about three months.

The project that I'm working is about 70% percent completed and the next version will be a first beta version after 20 succes alpha versions. The beta version means first time ever the campaign "The Chosen Ones" have all the chapters from one to eleven including four interludes, prologue and epilogue. I have been making the campaign over 2,5 years.

I had 3 month break from the project because I entered to the army. I'm still in army but I do have so much free time that I can continue making the campaign 3 hour / day. I lost all my previous translators in the break time so I that is why I'm searching for a new translator.

To test your skills, please make this text smaller and more understandable.

Every caster's 50 agility points increases Fire Element's attack and movement speed by 10%. Every caster's 50 intelligence points increases Fire Element's maximum mana by 10% and magic damage by 20%. Every caster's 50 strength points increases Fire Element's maximum hit points by 10% and attack damage sligtly. All bonuses are up to 500.

As for reward, I'll give you a lot of credit in the project. Your name will be one of the firsts in the credit list. The campaign will be uploaded to all the biggest Warcraft 3 forums when the beta version is made.

If you are interested, make a post here, send me a private message or send me an email to [email protected]. I also use MSN, adress is same as the email address. However, I can only sign in holidays from army.

Level 9
Every caster's 50 agility points increases Fire Element's attack and movement speed by 10%. Every caster's 50 intelligence points increases Fire Element's maximum mana by 10% and magic damage by 20%. Every caster's 50 strength points increases Fire Element's maximum hit points by 10% and attack damage sligtly. All bonuses are up to 500.

Every 50 points, Increases the movement speed and 'Fire Element' attack by 10%.
Every 50 points, Increases the maximum mana of the 'Fire Element' by 10%.
Every 50 points, Increases the 'Fire Element' health by 10% and damage is slightly raised.
Maximum of 500 points.

Level 13
"Every caster's 50 agility points increases Fire Element's attack and movement speed by 10%. Every caster's 50 intelligence points increases Fire Element's maximum mana by 10% and magic damage by 20%. Every caster's 50 strength points increases Fire Element's maximum hit points by 10% and attack damage sligtly. All bonuses are up to 500."

This Hero's stats also affect the Fire Elemental.
Up to 500 stat points, every 50 points give an increase in performance.
Agility: Move Speed and Attack Speed + 10%
Intelligence: Mana + 10%, Magic Damage + 20%
Strength: Hit Points + 10%, Attack Damage + 2%

I have no idea if this is actually what you meant, and might i mention that the other guy left out the agility, strength, intelligence words...and by the way i added some extra information which i am guessing at since the tooltip doesn't really make much sense without that extra information. I'm also unsure that I know what the fire element is but I'm guessing you mean a Fire Elemental. I don't know that one way or another.

Level 37
So... Yeah, that text I gave is very hard to make better. Currently it's a bit repetive but still understanding. It's a text which goes to summoning items and abilities. You guys can always ask questions about the text, I'm always willing to help to make everyting very clear. It's stupid to make texts better if you don't even understand what's going on.

Shadowz123, you just tried but didn't say any words so I don't know about you if you are willing to help me or not. I think your text is too repetive.

About SanKakU, I think your text looks very understandable but it looks hmm, I don't know. Let's see.

Summons Fire Element to help you for 60 second. |n|c00FEBA0EHotkey: X. |nType: Instant. |nCast time: 2. |n|c00FEBA0ECooldown: 60 seconds. |nEffect increased by level, agility, intelligence and strength. Every caster's 25 agility points increases Fire Element's attack and movement speed by 5%. Every caster's 25 intelligence points increases Fire Element's maximum mana by 5% and magic damage by 10%. Every caster's 25 strength points increases Fire Element's maximum hit points by 5% and attack damage sligtly. All bonuses are up to 250. |nMaker: Aeroblyctos.

It goes like this now, let's see yours now.

Summons Fire Element to help you for 60 second. |n|c00FEBA0EHotkey: X. |nType: Instant. |nCast time: 2. |n|c00FEBA0ECooldown: 60 seconds. |nEffect increased by level, agility, intelligence and strength. This Hero's stats also affect the Fire Elemental.
Up to 500 stat points, every 50 points give an increase in performance. Agility: Move Speed and Attack Speed + 10%. Intelligence: Mana + 10%, Magic Damage + 20%. Strength: Hit Points + 10%, Attack Damage + 2%. |nMaker: Aeroblyctos.

What do you think? I think there are still too many words..

Anyways, you guys could tell me a little if you are here for helping me in a long time or just trying to make this text better.

Status
Not open for further replies.