• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Save/Load system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Have you looked at the spell section here?
I've seen quite many save/load systems there. Dunno if there is any good among them :p

Level 9
Tired off people who requesting a save/load system.

Not that there is something wrong with it, but they always forgot to
describe what they want it to save. I.e:

Heroes
Levels
Experience
Items
Item Charges
Abilities
Abilities Levels
Player Initialer

Also what the maximum level, items, heroes and ect. is.

A save/load system isn't a simple thing. Its easy to make a simple one, but
then its so easy to hack.

Level 40
Easy to hack, since you need to put the scrambling info somewhere static.

Anyhow, it's pretty simple. Represent everything as integers, then mash them together in a high-base number (I suggest base 62 - the charset is "01234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" - this will support up to 3844 objects of per type (item, object, etc) for a 2-digit number). From there, seed some other values (Say, the player's name) and scramble the string. I could post a base converter and a string scrambler if you are able to do the rest.

Level 7
I am not sure if I am able to do anything of this T_T

Look up ACE_HEART save and load code. Copy the the code from inside the triggers (click on the map icon in the triggers to get the code) then copy the actual trigger itself. Make sure in your map settings you have Auto-Create varriables enabled. then, copy paste. Change where its says not to change, ace_heart (code default) to something completely random like hkf7ada.

Status
Not open for further replies.