• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Save / Load in JASS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is a Save / Load system made in JASS ?

If yes, can someone please make me one ? or do you need to see the map first ?

Level 8
A save-load system basically places values in a string, then the player writes it down somewhere and uses that string when loading in a different game. The easiest way to make a save-load system is to code it first in Visual Studio .NET or Eclipse. This way, it's easier to step through the logic for testing and debugging. Once you finish the code, it's only a matter of converting the logic into JASS.

Level 8
To go a bit more in-depth; a save / load code assigns every value - by which I mean units, items, exp, etc. - to a string. This string can be a letter or number. Then it mixes it up a bit, so that the code can't be easily cracked, and when the player enters it again in a different game, the map references those strings entered and generates the corresponding things.

To answer your question: A save / load code can be done in GUI, though it requires Custom Script and some Header Script. I would recommend AceHart's "Yet Another Save / Load Code."

Status
Not open for further replies.