• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Save/Load codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, wondering if there are any done in GUI? *jass phoebia*
Guess not. How are items saved?
Do the existing save/load codes only work for one hero? Because in my RPG players have a stash and that has to be saved too, but if it increases the code too long then forget it...

Thanks, will appreciate it if you can point me to a simple to edit one.

Level 10
Level 10
In simple terms, the code just lines up with something.

So you have the code say, alright, if the user gives me a "123" then they had a sword. If they give me a "132" then they had an axe.

In concept, it really isn't that hard.

There are people that make fancy codes that are hard to decipher, but if you want to make a simple one, it takes very little time. (Depending on your skill, of course)

Hope that helps.

For more secure codes:
-you should base part of it on their name - like what the second character of their name is.
-If your going to base part of the code on something real, don't make it obvious. Say the S letter in the code = Sword, well instead make M = S so it's not obvious.
-Game Cache's come into play - store something in the game cache then check and make sure that is referenced correctly when they type in the code - if it's not correct don't load anything.

Level 10
Well that doesn't make much sense... purpose of opening thread is to ask if theres one done in GUI as I don't know how to manipulate JASS. Read a few (ok a lot) of tutorials and didn't make much progress. Maybe my math sucks, or lines and lines of code scare me, or more probably, the thought of typing in all this manually scares the hell outta me. However, I need to know in respect to this linked generator, how do I change the harsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.