• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Run trigger on "open spellbook in items"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

is there any way how i can catch the opening of an item-included spellbook as Event for a trigger? I wan't to run a trigger when i click on an item that has the spellbookability. The opening of this spellbook should be the event that triggers the trigger. Think you get what i mean.

My problem is there seems to be no event (i could get with my knowledge). I tried "item beeing manipulated"-Event and any types of order-Events but the click on the Item that opens the spellbook seems to cause no noticeable event.

Does anybody know how i can solve this problem, may be there is a way with JASS? Please help me.

Level 1
Wow actually i don't know what u saying coz u typed it toooooo long man. Just give me the map and i will see it for you

There is no order-event that fires when the spellbook is clicked? I'm sure there must be. There's an order-event for nearly all of those kinds of things.

@Udsalg, try setting up a trigger with a "no target order" as the event, and put a "Game - Text Message to All Players" to display the string of the order being cast. Then click on the spellbook and see if any message pops up.

Level 2
@Udsalg, try setting up a trigger with a "no target order" as the event, and put a "Game - Text Message to All Players" to display the string of the order being cast. Then click on the spellbook and see if any message pops up.

This was my first step when i was faced with that problem, i only opend this thread because there is no order output using this "check Order Trigger" (as i wrote: "I tried "item beeing manipulated"-Event and any types of order-Events but the click on the Item that opens the spellbook seems to cause no noticeable event.")

Remember i'm talking about clicken a item in Inventory with spellbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.