• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Round Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I'm going to check it out, i have lunch break in less than 1 hour :xxd:

EDIT: I cannot find the problem, but i think it has something to do with the Paladins. Test the map with real players and let them select their hero themselves, it may not be something that's not working at all. tell me what problems it is that you are experiencing specifically, so that i don't have to look through your whole map.

Also, since the stampede-lizards comes into the shop area, make sure to make the hero choosers invurnerable too, since now they are being killed by the stampede.

Lastly, could you PM me when the map is finished? It seems like a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Level 24
Umm, ya the lizards entering the shopping area is a small fix.

I'll PM you for sure. (add to "To do List")

Uhh, I have some problems with B-Net. (No-Host) so could someone please test it out with real players that they trust. (only has to be three)

Level 9
First thought i got when i saw your round trigger, hawk: HELL MAN, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING AS LOOP?!

In other words: instead of 36 actions, use For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12 do (Actions:) so this part of trigger will be 9 times shorter!
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12 do (Actions:)
      • Set TempPoint = (Random point in RoundStartTeleport <gen>)
      • Unit - Move HeroController[(Integer A)] instantly to TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
And to your first question: mostly probably the cause why the round trigger isnt working is the following action:
  • Wait until (NumberofLiveHeros Equal to or lower than 1), checking every 1.00 seconds
I didnt get the message after my tauren died, although it got teleported to the arena. I'd suggest creating a periodical trigger to check the number of heroes alive.

Some other suggestions so far:
- Instead of dialog-based round selecting, use chat-based selection, with option to enter whatever number you want (like -setrounds## where ## is any number).
- Make hero choosers invulnerable.
- If the running lizards are dummies, remove them when they enter the shopping area. It's kinda annoying to see animals running in front of your nose when you're shopping, dont you think?
- Set the aura effect to a variable so you can remove it when a hero dies.
- The arena 'floor' should be square. Looks nicer and simplifies many things.

Level 24
Ohh,

Thanks for the loop point. I did not realize that setting interger A inside the loop = outsidfe the loop (that made no sense but I don't know how to explain better)

Hero-choosers invunerable = true
Runnig lizards are stampede.
-aura was there for testing purposes
-will make square.
-terrain = version one.

Click link in mah sig for further details.

Status
Not open for further replies.