• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rise of the Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Welcome to the Rise of the Dead preview!

What is It?

Rise of the Dead is a vampirism fire type map, but with a twist. As the name suggests, the vamps are replaced with hordes of the undead. You may choose to play as one of the two undead lords or play as a human survivor.

My buddy and I began the map about a week or two ago, and are working together to complete it.

The Humans

As in vampirism you may control a human builder. There are bases throughout the map where you can create a base to defend yourself from the undead attacks, and eventually strike him back. The undead will be very powerful, so teamwork is a key in winning. The Humans will have a large variety of heroes to aid them.

The Undead

After a minute or so of gametime the undead will rise. Each undead player will control a hero, with many items and abilities at his disposal. When a human player is killed by an undead soldier he will be reincarnated as an undead minion himself.

Whats so Unique?

You may be thinking, "this is really similiar to the others of its type." But there will be many things unique about it. In other games its just one enemy hero against the lone builder and his creations, but in Rise of the Dead you will create large armies. The Undead will have the ability to raise dead soldiers from there graves in his base to the northeast. The humans will build barracks, guilds, and other structures to train his soldiers. There will also be multiple creep towns throughout the map.

Winning

Winning is nearly the same as vamp. You must kill all undead lords and minions or all the human builders, depending on who you control. But to prevent the enemy undead from hiding and forcing his soldiers to do all his work, there will be a time limit of about 50 minutes (exact time to be decided). After the lord has been killed or the time limit is up the game will end.

Thanks! Let me know what you think!:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.