• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Requesting a repel system based off of the game SubSpace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I also need a bounce system.

Ok, it may not be as hard as you first imagine.

I'm basing my new map off of a game called SubSpace, now known as Continuum.

If i decide to stick with it i'm going to be asking for a lot of help. Don't worry, i am not the type to ask for help right off the bat without exhausting myself to figuring it out first.
However, on some occasions i know enough that i don't know how to do some of the things i need done, like for this thread.

The plot is in space, just as the title of the game suggests. If you wish to see the game i am basing this map off of, go to google and search "subspace" under "images". You see right away the game i am speaking of.

So i am using an "ice" trigger as the means to replicate space-flight. I figure, given that, that creating a bounce system would be fairly easy since the units are non-stopping. I guess it would work for any map, really.

So an enemy unit is within range of triggering unit. Once triggering unit uses the repel ability the enemy unit should be "flung" back in the opposite way it was coming from.

In the real game the repeled unit retains it's facing degree. Since that would be awkward using an ice trigger where the unit always faces the same direction it moves, it's not needed.

However, if i may make the trigger a little more complicated, the closer in range the enemy is to the repelling unit, the faster the enemy ship should be repelled away until it's going slower and slower. I could mod the distance if it were shown to me, that would be great.

Also, in SubSpace which replicates near-zero gravity the ships bounce off of walls. I'm sure i'd have to work with rects on this one..

So, if a unit is flying screen-downward and enters a rect on it's right at 5º it should be moved facing 175º.
Without having to manually type in all those combinations, is there an easier way to simplify that idea into a trigger/script?

Status
Not open for further replies.