• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Requesting A Ceiling Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi,

Havent requested a model lately, but I do have one that I think might not be too hard to do, and I will skin it myself. What I am in need of is a simple cave-like ceiling so basically a flat plane with rock-like dips in it.

Here is a picture of kind of what I am looking for. Just a ceiling with alot of different random bumps and dips to give it a rocky feeling. I am not sure exactly how big I would need it to be but in terms of map editor sizes, I would say about the size of the largest terrain palette square brush would be about right. All I can do is edit models, so I dont know about making them from scratch, but can you possibly start off with a flat plane and edit the verteces in a bunch of areas to make dips?

If you have any questions please ask, this would help my cave quite a lot in terms of looks. I think skinning would be pretty easy for me to do myself if the skin mesh thing is just stretched out from one edge to the other.

Thanks

Attachments

• cave.jpg
    cave.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 105
Level 8
Hm, I have created the model myself in Gmax, but I have no way to convert it to .MDL or .MDX. Can anyone open it up in a program possibly that will let you save it as .mdl? It is a very simple model so it would have no animations or anything.

The picture below is the model I made, it is very basic and simple but will work perfect and the upper left part of the screenshot is to show approximately how big I am planning on having the model be in game so I wanted to try to make the model a decent size when I created it but, I am not sure how big 512 x 512 in Gmax would convert to in warcraft 3.

If someone could just somehow save the file below into a .mdl or .mdx format I would be forever greatful. I have already made the skin for it, just a square 256x256 skin as if it was a box model.

Heres the Gmax link since it wont let me attach it in forum:

http://www.filedropper.com/cavefinish

Attachments

• cave.jpg
    cave.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.