• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request Your Own Awesome Equipment System!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I have decided to implement my custom made equipment system for other people's maps to enhance their gameplay.
This is an act of charity, I don't want your money, your love, all I want is to be credited in F9, that's it.

System's Pros:
-Equipment Slots, allowing units to only carry items they can carry (knight carries sword, magician has staff, etc)
-Multiple pages for your inventory
-Very Similar to the AAA Inventory System and others, but:
-Adds items to your inventory even if your inventory is full
-You can buy items and they will be bought even if your inventory is full
-Items go straight to their intended slot, even if not on that page, and the page won't change
-Incredibly sexy

System's Cons:
-You cannot use orb effects.
-You cannot use metamorphosis-like spells, unless using tricks.
-You need to know JASS to use its basics.
-You need to put extra work into items.

If you want it:
-Post in this thread.
-Link to your map.
-Your map needs to be: AoS/Arena/RPG, other map types do not need this system I recon.
-If I find your map to not be worth me wasting my time, I will not implement this. Your map needs to be good.
-You need to know JASS for this system. Not pro, but basics.

Possible Addons (just ask for it):
-Two-handed items
-Drop-able bags
-Slotted items
-Hidden items (don't use a slot, drop on event)
-All-Slots (can carry anything)

2 Screenshots of system attached.
1 Example map of system attached (my map, in pre-beta stage)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 193
  • Advanced Wars v0.87.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 10
Erm, the system used on this map is old, it is just to show how it looks. I would rewrite the system when someone requests it, since it would actually be easier for me to rewrite it for their specific needs than to use the system from my map. I have another rewritten script that doesn't nullify non-handles somewhere, I will be using that and expanding on it.

Yes, I did delete my posts, I like to keep threads clean and short.

Status
Not open for further replies.