• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Remove damage display of a unit in UI (the unit has an attack)

Level 10
Hello.
Is there a simple and elegant way to remove the display of a unit's damage, so that only its armor is shown in the UI, without removing its attack, mind you.

I use Warcraft III version 1.26 (the one that was the "latest" version for many years).

Level 10
You can make an auto-cast spell for the "attack"?
What ability would be good for that? Parasite? I know it detects nearby units of whatever target types you allow it kind of reliably. I need sth that detects nearby units as reliably as an attack would. Parasite sometimes failed, iirc, so it was only semi-reliable.

(at least if it is an "enemy-only" type of unit).
it's a building and I have hidden all its order buttons, so that's not a problem.

Level 22
What ability would be good for that? Parasite? I know it detects nearby units of whatever target types you allow it kind of reliably. I need sth that detects nearby units as reliably as an attack would. Parasite sometimes failed, iirc, so it was only semi-reliable.

it's a building and I have hidden all its order buttons, so that's not a problem.
Faerie Fire seems like your best option.
Slow is next in order.

You do have to trigger the damage I guess tho

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64

Maybe try adding the Cargo Hold abilities to your unit. I know at least one of them (Orc Burrow) can be used to disarm a unit.