• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Religion

Allow Religius Debates

• Yes

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I just wonder if Religion is allowed to be a subject in THW anymore.
IMO I dont want ''Debates'' about religion since they all fail.
What I have seen is that people ''lack'' of knowledge of Religions as Christianity and Islam etc and when I see this I usually want to explain it for people because of that misunderstanding can lead to racism.
So IMO : No Debates , Just Explanations.
Why Debates shouldnt be allowed , We have many Threads that shows that Religion Debates fails.Anyways What Debate Does :
It starts out to be friendly in the start by some people expressing their oppinions and when other people with other oppinions post people start fighting over that they are right.
What do we gain?
More work for Mods/Admins , People geting mad at eachother , and whats the good part out of this then?Well nothing telling our oppinions made no difference , No one changed their mind or anything.

Anyways thats my oppinion.

Well since that we are belonging to a democratic website Ill make a poll were you can say what you want.

*Edit*Try searching ''Religion'' in the search button and look at it...You'll understand what I mean and Medivh's tower is no exception*.
If you want to have some examples of ''lack'' of knowledge in religions then tell me..I can find plenty of them.

Level 32
I've said this many times in the past and I'll say it again.

Discussions regarding the topics of religion, politics and sex are best conducted at websites whose primary content is related to those subjects. Here at The Hive Workshop, the less said about them, the better.

Individual threads and/or posts that violate Hive Workshop site rules will be addressed by the staff on a case-by-case basis.

Level 34
I'm with Wolverabid. This isn't the site for it. That and the internet isn't the place for it (IMO). Besides I found it created tension between Users.

Remember, the internet is full of clueless people, and immature children. I wouldn't suggest having theological debates over the net.

Level 21
The problem with so called *debates* on this specific topic is not a lack of knowledge, but it's that most religious people aren't "open" for these things. They "know" they're right and everyone else is wrong, and all that happens in these topics is a bunch of people stating over and over again what they "think" that is true, regardless of what the other one says. That's, in my opinion, no debate, and for that reason doesn't belong here. I've seen a few topics on this matter get derailed in a yes/no *debate* in MT too. If you really need to express your opinion, do so at a religious forum.

Level 22
As much as I like debate, there comes a point where you have to say that certain topics aren't necessary and will cause more trouble than they're worth.

I believe that religion is on the wrong side of that line, at least on The Hive.

People can get very emotional about religion and often arguers will not yield their position but continue to defend the things in which they believe. That creates an environment that is not at all conducive to reasonable discussion on a forum such as this.

Level 26
*yawn*

People discuss what they want. It's a video gaming site. So what? If a school is famous for football, you have to go play water polo somewhere else? (Jeeze, these metaphors really make me sound like a middle aged white guy) I debate (well, used to debate) on this site because I like to hear the opinions of my peers, not some jackass who thinks he's above the world and creates a wall of text that drives even Mongols away. Does it create hostility? Sometimes, inevitably. Quite frankly, I don't care. And no one should, really. Any sensible atheist can learn to get along with Elenai one way or another. If you're steaming over someone saying God exists and your philosophy is wrong, you're obviously not mature enough to hold a serious discussion in the first place.

Next, if you're complaining that we shouldn't hold debates over such topics because of lack of information, you're not going to make situations any better. In fact, people will get even more ignorant if you do that. To just hold threads over sharing knowledge is the reason debates are created. Because information is questionable. Because what you say, firelord, cannot always be trusted, whether a lie or a misconception.

I can tell you right now that I have learned more from debating than I ever will hearing some guy giving me a lecture. I actively participate in a conversation, and, believe it or not, that opens up my mind. If you never change your views in a debate, you're just as close minded in casual life. Casual life just tends to gloss over shady matters and make it seem like you're more open minded. But when you're debating, you may change your views immediately. You may never change them at all. But you will get thinking. That much is certain.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that firelord213 saying something is fail is like Bill Clinton saying someone is unfaithful.

Level 14
What I ment with ''lack'' of knowledge is for an example that People think that Muslims hate Jesus (Isa) , He's a prophet in Islam too!
Thats my point , People dont usually know theese stuff and think all Muslims are suicide bombers etc , but lets leave that subject now.
I bet there's lots of websites where you can debate and I think you should try finding one!Cause many people in THW are tired of certain Debates.

Level 26
What I ment with ''lack'' of knowledge is for an example that People think that Muslims hate Jesus (Isa) , He's a prophet in Islam too!
Thats my point , People dont usually know theese stuff and think all Muslims are suicide bombers etc , but lets leave that subject now.
I bet there's lots of websites where you can debate and I think you should try finding one!Cause many people in THW are tired of certain Debates.
Since I covered most of what you just said in my previous post, I'll just talk about the last part.
Cause many people in THW are tired of certain Debates.
Then they don't have to participate in it. You know what I did when I saw that new God existence thread in the Medivh's Tower forums? I ignored it. If I, the most immature guy I know, can do it, I'm pretty sure all of you can.

Level 16
i vote no if we let religion in here we well have a giant flaming war rules well be broken lots of stuff like that people well try converiting others to there religion it well get messy but wow religion i see no problems in that its just a game but i have no religion so i could car less about the debt i just want to stop a flamewar from happening.

Level 9
yes i agree that religion should not be discussed on THW since it Will start a flame war and then people will start hating each other, but religion $hould be discussed since its an important thing in all of our lives, but not HERE, this is a WC3 Modding site and its best that it stays peaceful,

(btw im a muslim):grin: MySpaceBarBroke, thats a funny sig :D

Status
Not open for further replies.