• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Reforged] Incompatible 3D models and soundsets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone ! This is my first post on this forum ! I apologize in advance for any mistake, English is not my native language.

I always toyed with the editor from time to time, but with Reforged and all these 3D models, I have finally decide to do more serious mapping on Warcraft ! But I have a weird problem, that I suppose is only with Reforged because I haven't used the old editor in a long time.

I created custom units based on melee ones. I started by changing their 3D model, portrait and soundset. However I came across what I think is a bug: some 3D models are mute when coupled with ceratin soundset.

I tried different ones together and here's my conclusion: almost every unit can have any soundset, except 3D models (skeleton, golem, gnoll, etc) who are link to soundsets who don't "speak a language". If these models are given a "speak a language" soundset, they will be mute.

Does anyone else have this problem ? I really want to give my skeleton army normal voices.

Also, my Frost Wyrms are mute unless they have a gnoll or golem soundset (I checked out their sound files in the sound editor).

Thank you for your time !

Status
Not open for further replies.